Cruise Hive Boards

Gratuities Going Up

Disney Cruise Line isn't the only line that's hiking up it's gratuities, but this new bump is significant. Concierge suites and staterooms now have a recommended tipping amount of $23.50 per person, at a 52% increase. Yes, those staying these concierge cabins should be able to "afford" this cost, but don't you think it's a bit excessive? At least other cruise lines like RCL are being more conservative with the gratuity increases. Will this tipping increase deter you from cruising with DCL?

image.thumb.png.1be6e55f43ec900a0a3b9ad08b66e81c.png

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas
  • Like 1

@Kendall James-Vargas yes I agree, it is totally excessive. I don't agree with the gratuities format that is onboard. I've worked in the hospitality industry and I love the fact we have gratuities but people should have the option to do so and however much they want. I don't like the fact that people are being told a certain amount has to go on gratuity. I've been on cruises where staff go above and beyond to help, and I've had some staff that won't do anything and have attitude, so why should we give gratuities for these staff members. 

• Like 1