Problems on Carnival Vista

LukeJ

A friend of mine messaged me to say that the Carnival Vista cruise they are sailing on is having some issues onboard. They said the speed has decreased and the itineraries for port calls have changed as well as the return to Port Canaveral will be later than scheduled. Does anyone know more information on this? 

I was sent the letter which showed more information about the issues on Carnival Vista. Despite the problems, the ship continues and they are having a great time on their vacation. I'm not sure yet if they will have difficulty getting home. Will keep you all posted.

image.png

• Sad 2

Thanks for sharing this letter! Carnival Vista has too slow down significantly due to its propulsion issues again. Thankfully the ship was still able to make it to Port Canaveral quick enough to welcome its next set of guests! Let's just hope it's upcoming sailing isn't severely impacted due to these propulsion problems. At least CCL provided guests with a $200 reimbursement due to the delay!

I think they got $400 or a full cruise credit because of the delay and the itinerary change.  Personally, I think if a ship has to be pulled out to sea by tug boats it shouldn't be in service until the problem is solved.  It has been an on going issue.  It's my favorite ship.  I hope they will put it back in dry dock and fix it.

• Like 1

I am wondering the same. When we were on the Jubilee the gangway in Galveston failed to operate.  After it was repaired tug boats had to push us up to the dock.  My opinion is they are running these ships nonstop and possibly not only the ships are in trouble, but the docks are having issues.  The docks have been through some major hurricanes and don't know the inspection process, but they seems are so pressured to open up quickly.

@Mermaid I couldn't agree more! I didn't realize the gangway in Galveston failed to operate. When was this cruise on Carnival Jubilee? If tug boats are involved, that's not a good sign. I know the port inspection process is very thorough because of safety, but sometimes there is such a rush to reopen I wonder if things fall through the cracks while in a scurry. I haven't cruised on Carnival Vista before. Why is it your favorite ship? You may just convince me to book on it once the propulsion issues are properly resolved. 

I guess I liked the size and simplicity, and I was traveling with great friends.  It was the perfect cruise.  The Jubilee incident was in January.  We were on a back to back.  A guest was badly injured and they asked for blood.  Then about 2-3 hours from Cozumel on the way back to Galveston we had to turn around and go back.  As soon as we got to Cozumel he died.  The cruise before that a woman fell and had to be air airambulanced to Florida.  Ships that size are going to have these issues, so I avoid them.

Well this has certainly opened my eyes, it seems as if they are in worse condition that I thought. I agree with @Mermaid they are being used non stop, which can't be good for the ship or the ports they visit. I believe that with cruising getting more popular than it ever has before, the cruise lines are pushing them even harder than they ever have before. I can't seem to recall anytime that these ships are being rested. The crew may swap around, but the ship just goes from one port to another and back and around again non stop.