Cruise Hive Boards

Drinking Water

Cruising Caribbean

Drinking Water  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How do you get drinking water on your cruise?

• Fill my own cup in the fountains
    • Get bottled water on the ship

What do your typically do to get drinking water on a cruise ship? I have seen it done lots of ways. If you have a beverage package, getting unlimited bottled water makes sense. If you don't get the beverage package, I have seen people filling their cups at the fountains in the buffet area. I noticed some cruise lines, like Princess Cruises, offer bottled water packs onboard. Have you ever purchased one of these water cases to save money? Not all cruise lines offer this, but I think it could be a good money saver. 

Unless I have a beverage package, I'm always filling up my cup at the filling stations. I bring two reusable bottles per person. One stainless steel cup for taking around/off of the ship and another for keeping in my stateroom. I like having one for the stateroom because I use it at night and while I'm getting ready for the day. I refill both in the morning at the breakfast buffet area. It's a great strategy to save money and have access to "free" water throughout the day. 

• Like 1

@Kendall James-Vargas yes I'm with you all the way. Filling station is great for refilling your bottle especially as you're about to go out for a days excursion. I don't agree with the prices of water nowadays, it's really bad to charge that amount for something that we really should be getting for free. We pay enough for water rates in our homes without being charged again to drink it.

• Like 1

It's so convenient to bring bottles along! It's really not hard to refill them every so often either. Bottled water isn't good for the planet anyhow and it's surrounded by plastic. If you can avoid plastic bottles, it's a great idea! I have invested in a durrabble stainless steel cup and it keeps my drinks cooler for longer! Refill stations have ice too. A cool water bottle helps you not overheat in those warmer ports of call.

I never have gotten the point/need to have bottled/cupped water with oneself at all times.   Years ago I remember a fellow parishioner bringing a bottle of water with her each Sunday morning to mass, and thinking what is up that you can’t go for 45 minutes without water?   Is it like people still wearing the face diaper - it’s like a security blanket?   Anyhow, I’m ok with a glass or 2 of water at breakfast lunch and dinner, along with my wine or adult beverage - no need to have a water bottle with me 24/7.  I’ve tried taken a bottle of water off the ship with me for shore excursions but that’s usually a waste because I can’t stand warm water.   To each his own.  

• Haha 1

@FJB I need a water near me at all times. I bring my water bottle everywhere! As a person who gets migraines, I find it imperative to constantly drink water and have access to it. I bring my water around for my kids to drink it and someone is always thirsty. It's super annoying to bring my cup plus four others, but it is what it is. Bringing one and sharing is typically my go to until someone is unknowingly sick and contaminates everyone else after the fact. I don't like warm water either! It's easy to use a stainless steel cup with ice. It keeps cool 24 hours in the sun!

• 2 weeks later...

I do prefer a bottle of wine or beer to water but yes I can understand why the need to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Not only is it a health benefit, but I've read it's good for your teeth and skin and your weight. I should make more of an effort really to drink as much as I can, but it's never that easy.