Cruise Hive Boards

November 2024 Southern Caribbean Cruise

Sparky

That's my favorite month to cruise! February is my birthday month so I try too always get a cruise instead of a gift. It's my favorite gift, memories with my family. I won't be getting that this year though. It's too close to a big month-long trip I have planned on land in 2025. I guess it will have to wait until 2026. Those birthdays have just started rolling by. Time seems to keep flying by faster and faster. I can't seem too keep up! @Sparky which ship are you booked on? I bet @FJB has been on it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rainy said:

I love February as well but we go the 8th or 9th to avoid Presidents week with lots of kids and expensive airfares Any thoughts

We have done cruises during Presidents week mainly so my daughter wouldn’t miss as many days of school. Haven’t seen that many kids because it’s Celebrity we mainly go on, so at most they may have 50 kids during this week, all well behaved from what we have seen.  Airfare hasn’t been that different - it’s February and everyone wants to fly to Florida, regardless of what weekend.   Now that my daughter is in her 20s and we don’t always take her, we are not tied to holidays. Looking for the longer cruises now going to ports we haven’t been to yet.  

• Thanks 1

@Rainy That's a good tip. I didn't even factor in President's day weekend. The costs always go up when the kids are out of school. Air fares do go up for that long weekend too. If you can drive to the embarkation port, it's even better! 

@FJB I have done the same! I didn't realize Celebrity Cruises doesn't attract too many kids. I thought it was a pretty popular family line. Nothing attracts kids quite like CCL and RCL. I like cruising with my kids but I do think my children behave pretty well and aren't novice cruisers. They have top loyalty status too from cruising so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

@Rainy It's a good thought to avoid President's Day when possible. The prices are a bit higher for that week anyhow. Celebrity Cruises is a very family friendly line, but it attracts a good diverse crowd with all age and stages. Differing itineraries attract different crowds. Weekend getaways have a very different crowd onboard than a transatlantic cruise. What Caribbean stops will you be going to? Will you be going to Cozmuel?