Cruise Hive Boards

Beyond - Here We Come!

FJB

Did our check-in yesterday for our upcoming cruise on Beyond in September so it now feels almost official!   We still haven’t booked any excursions yet or made any formal plans in port, but hey - we still got about 40 days.  Airfare, hotel, and cruise is booked.   That’s the most important stuff.  

• Like 1

@FJB That's so exciting! I'm impressed at how far in advanced the line lets you check-in. Most cruise lines have you checking in no more than 30 days in advanced. Where will you be cruising to? Where will you be cruising out of. I can't wait to hear about all the plans you have and the excursions you plan to take. U always look forward to your post-cruise videos too! Which port of call are you most excited about for you upcoming cruise?

@FJB Check out that itinerary! I love a September cruise out of Florida. The prices rock and it's typically not too hard to dodge a hurricane. I love Grand Cayman and their beaches. I hope you get to spend some time in the water while you are there. I have been to Cozumel so many times and it doesn't get old. I think the last time I went I booked a Playa Mia excursion. What are you thinking to do while in Cozumel this upcoming sailing? 

image.thumb.png.653c134a8756b23d9d803136f00b1e2e.png

• 2 weeks later...

4 weeks to go!  The kids I’m traveling with are from the middle of the country so they want as much beach time as possible.  Wife and I could care less since we grew up around the water.  So looks like we will be going to Mr Sanchos resort in Cozumel.  Wife and I will probably stay on the ship in GC while the kids do the beach thing.  Planning on renting some gulf carts in Bimini to explore the small  island and find a not so crowded beach.  I guess the only thing stopping us at this point is a hurricane, a strike or a nationwide shutdown. 

• Like 1

@FJB I have heard good things about Mr. Sanchos! Even though you have lots of water history, you can't go wrong with a relaxing beach day! A golf cart exploration sounds so fun. How far can you go with the golf cart? I would do that in a heartbeat. Let's just hope there is no shutdown and/or strike. The hurricanes are certainly a threat, but I have cruised inn September and dodged them many times. I have faith you will make on this one! All I can do is hope for that for you. 

12 hours ago, Seaawgs said:

@FJB in Cayman all but one bar will be closed unless that law has changed. Find the Mast bar on deck 16 mid ship, it has a large storage closet and is usually calm.

I have read a bit about this, and that’s ok - no drink package this go round so we are not in a contest to get our fair share.  

@FJB I like the flexibility to drink off the ship when you don't get a drink package. I feel very obligated to get my money's worth out of the drink package by drinking onboard. When I have the drink package, I plan my off ship times about my drinking schedule. Typically I drink only in the evenings anyhow so it's difficult to get my money's worth out of a drink package. My husband will drink by the pool and other times of the day so he usually does get his money's worth. Typically, he get's the package because he likes the freedom he feels it gives, but I can take it or leave it. 

• Like 1

@FJB How many times have you cruised on Celebrity Beyond? I think I recall you writing that you have been on this ship in a past post. Is this ship one of your favorites? I have looked into cruising this ship in the past. As someone who has a family of six, what type of affordable stateroom would you recommend onboard Celebrity Beyond? I always struggle to find decently affordable staterooms that can accommodate all of my family without breaking the bank.

image.thumb.png.b022255da57d98aac3b60b7b4f356bd2.png

1 hour ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB How many times have you cruised on Celebrity Beyond? I think I recall you writing that you have been on this ship in a past post. Is this ship one of your favorites? I have looked into cruising this ship in the past. As someone who has a family of six, what type of affordable stateroom would you recommend onboard Celebrity Beyond? I always struggle to find decently affordable staterooms that can accommodate all of my family without breaking the bank.

image.thumb.png.b022255da57d98aac3b60b7b4f356bd2.png

We have been on the Edge but not on Beyond.  Not our favorite class of celebrity ships but it works for what we wanted this go round.  I would look at the inside cabins at the front of the ships on deck 9.  Cabins #9123 & 9125 are connecting cabins with one of those cabins sleeping 4 people.  We have booked the 3 cabins across from these for 5 adults in our group along with an infinite veranda across the hall for 3 people.  

• Thanks 2

@FJB Even though it may not be your favorite class of ships, I'm sure you will enjoy your time. You will be with friends for this cruise right? You can't go wrong with that. Interior prices are always the best. I don't mind interior staterooms since I barley spend any time in my stateroom. Those infinite verandas are so nice! I have seen them in photos and they are so lovely. It's a good tip to know about those connecting cabins. I prefer that when I travel in a group!

Posted (edited)

weeks to go and it looks like another hurricane is forming in the southern Caribbean.  Got our eyes and ears open to the weather news and our hands clasped towards the weather gods.  

Edited by FJB

@FJB Thanks for the reply! I will look into those staterooms to see if they could work for my family. Does the line do kids sail free promos? That's another huge help for my family when we are able to take advantage of deals like that. I'm looking forward to seeing how you enjoyed the cruise post-sailing. Hurricanes are nonstop this season, but I still have high hopes for your cruise! Ernesto isn't too promising right now, but you have time for that one to vanish before you sail out.

image.png.2a9e7f50ba45b29121a3201895d6578c.png

@FJB Although Hurricane Ernesto is certainly making waves, I don't think US landfall is going to be an issue. You itinerary won't be affected by this hurricane, but I would keep my eyes out for anything else that ends up looking suspicious out in the Atlantic. Did you know Simone Biles is the God Mother for Celebrity Beyond? Her gymnastics skills were so impressive during the Olympics this year. She knocked her routines out of the park!

• 2 weeks later...

@FJB You are just days away now! I love that feeling. I hope that it doesn't become anything more. More hurricanes are surely coming our way, but hopefully not during your sailing. It's only one disturbance so I'm sending positive thoughts your way that you aren't impacted by anything! Are you one the first people on the ship or the last to board? I used to be the first one in line person, but once I accidentally arrived late and it was the best! Practically no one comes late to board and I loved it. I basically just walked on the ship. 

8 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB You are just days away now! I love that feeling. I hope that it doesn't become anything more. More hurricanes are surely coming our way, but hopefully not during your sailing. It's only one disturbance so I'm sending positive thoughts your way that you aren't impacted by anything! Are you one the first people on the ship or the last to board? I used to be the first one in line person, but once I accidentally arrived late and it was the best! Practically no one comes late to board and I loved it. I basically just walked on the ship. 

Celebrity has mastered embarkation - about  10 min From the time we step out of the taxi until we are on the ship, regardless of what time we arrive.    But we do have  a 12:30 arrival time for this cruise.  Plan on leaving the hotel about noon to head to the port   

@FJB Wow, it's just three before your cruise! I'm very impressed by the Celebrity Cruises embarkation speed. I have never had this happen to me. I typically arrive earlier than later because the lines are always so long to get on the ship. Disembarkation is longer not not as long. That's a nice time to get onboard. Have you experienced this speed at all embarkation ports? I have noticed some ports are better than others, more organized at least. I'm not sure thy embarkation can take 2-3 hours most times for me. Maybe it's time I try Celebrity Cruises. There is a second disturbance out there in the Atlantic, but I'm hopeful both of these disturbances don't pose a threat to your itinerary. You make have just lucked out! 

6 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB Wow, it's just three before your cruise! I'm very impressed by the Celebrity Cruises embarkation speed. I have never had this happen to me. I typically arrive earlier than later because the lines are always so long to get on the ship. Disembarkation is longer not not as long. That's a nice time to get onboard. Have you experienced this speed at all embarkation ports? I have noticed some ports are better than others, more organized at least. I'm not sure thy embarkation can take 2-3 hours most times for me. Maybe it's time I try Celebrity Cruises. There is a second disturbance out there in the Atlantic, but I'm hopeful both of these disturbances don't pose a threat to your itinerary. You make have just lucked out! 

For probably the last 5-10 years, the most it has taken us to board a Celebrity ship is 23 minutes.  That’s from the ports of Ft Lauderdale, Miami, San Juan, and Sydney.    For the most part, once we get out of the taxi, we don’t really stop walking except long enough to show our express pass to a representative.   Easy peasy.   

Watching the tropics update now on the Weather Channel.   Looks like we will be ok next week with our cruise.   But if things change, and our itinerary is modified, I won’t complain because I will still be on a ship with some cold adult beverages and warm escargot in garlic butter.   Life is good! 

• Like 1

@FJB Looks like you are likely out in the ocean now! I hope you have a fabulous cruise! I do think you really lucked out with the weather. I love you positive perspective despite the poor weather potentials. It definitely worked in your favor. I'm also impressed with the speed it takes to get onboard. Even with the highest status on other lines, it often takes longer than that. That Celebrity Cruises' express pass perk is very effective. Warm escargot sounds so yummy! I will anticipate your review post cruise.