Vision of the Seas

My daughter is fishing this evening at the mouth of our creek on the Chesapeake Bay and just sent this pic to me.  Vision of the Seas left the port of Baltimore earlier and is headed down the bay out to the Atlantic.   

IMG_1120.jpeg

• Like 1

@FJB It's so cool she could see Vision of the Seas from the shore! I'm actually impressed at how close it is off the shore. Have you been on that ship before out of Baltimore? This photo shows a lovely evening to fish! I haven't cruised on Vision of the Seas yet, but this photo makes me want to take a cruise. 

@FJB Both Enchantment of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas are great Vision-class ships. Is Baltimore a popular embarkation port for you? I haven't cruised out of Baltimore, but I would love to in the future. I have always enjoyed cruising out of Florida for convenience, but those itineraries tend to mimic themselves overtime. Do you typically go to Baltimore often? If so, I would intentionally be booking short cruises out of there to enjoy that scenery! At least cruises are sailing out of there again post bridge collapse. 

image.thumb.png.85b3d128121e46393293eeb6c2cae074.png

Edited by 3Sisters

3 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB Both Enchantment of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas are great Vision-class ships. Is Baltimore a popular embarkation port for you? I haven't cruised out of Baltimore, but I would love to in the future. I have always enjoyed cruising out of Florida for convenience, but those itineraries tend to mimic themselves overtime. Do you typically go to Baltimore often? If so, I would intentionally be booking short cruises out of there to enjoy that scenery! At least cruises are sailing out of there again post bridge collapse. 

image.thumb.png.85b3d128121e46393293eeb6c2cae074.png

There is not enough variety in ships or itineraries for us to sail out of Baltimore much.   We’ve only sailed out of there about 3 times, though it’s only about a 2 hour drive from home.   The last time we visited downtown Baltimore, about 5 years ago, and stayed overnight as tourists, we swore we would never go back.  It has become a craphole in my opinion.   We still have to go there occasionally for medical visits at John’s Hopkins, but we are in and out for the medical appointment then we get the hell outa Dodge! 

• Like 1

@FJB I completely understand what you mean about sailing out of Baltimore. Unfortunately the options out of there are pretty limited. I'm not too sure why that is, but I'm assuming it has to do with popularity and size. I haven't cruised out of Baltimore sheerly because I haven't found a cruise that fit what I was looking for. Not many cruise lines cruise out Baltimore, and I tend to cruise with a variety of cruise lines. Recently, I have been enjoying MSC Cruises, and it's a shame the line doesn't cruise out of there! If it did I would likely have embarked from there already. The fact that the port is only two hours out from you is wild! If I were you I would be utilizing that proximity and booking cruises out of there at least annually! I just don't like cruising the same itinerary over and over. Carnival Pride could be an option. It's a bummer to read you don't like being in Baltimore. It doesn't make me want to visit now that you say that!