Cruise Hive Boards

21 day Med Cruise on Sun Princess from Barcelona port.

I am looking into the 21 day Med cruise from Barcelona, Spain port. Has anyone taken this cruise before? The excursions are listed in three languages. Will all the patrons and crew be non- English speaking? Just an observation. 

• Like 2

@Rosemary That's a really good question. I haven't cruised on this itinerary before, but I know of many that have cruised out of Barcelona. Spain does an excellent job at accommodating to English speakers. Which ports of call will you be visiting? Most of the crew will speak English and I don't think you will have an issue navigating the ship/communicating with crew members. Obviously, you will see more diversity amongst the guests in terms of origins and their languages. I wouldn't be concerned by the language differences, but I would recommend booking any excursion directly through the cruise line. The main reason I suggest this is because many can insure an English interpreter or entirely English-speaking excursion that many other outside vendors may not be able to do.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rosemary That sounds like a lovely itinerary! Princess Cruises will surely have a great selection of excursions for this itinerary. You will find a variety of languages spoken onboard, including English. I wouldn't be concerned about communicating with guests/crew members onboard. I would also recommend booking excursions through the line directly. This will ensure you are able to have translations or English speaking options for your excursions. 

@KruzingGal What an exciting itinerary! I think you will really love your Greek Isles cruise. It's a smart idea to extend your stay in Barcelona. Have you been to Barcelona before? I recommend keeping an eye on Barcelona's stance to limit cruise ships and passengers. It's likely best to cruise there sooner than later!

https://www.cruisehive.com/barcelona-mayor-supports-limiting-cruise-ships-and-passengers/135363

image.thumb.png.865b8c1e2cd929beda24df6c11dfb419.png