Distilled water for CPAP

@Brenda Gail  Here is the link to Carnival's site which explains the way to do this.  To quote the relevant portion:

Carnival carries distilled water which can be purchased either pre-cruise or once on board. In order to ensure the ship has an adequate supply, please contact our Fun Shops department at 1-800-522-7648 (Ext. 70039), Monday through Friday, 9:00am-10:00pm ET and Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET.  For purchase on board, please contact Room Service. Should you wish to bring your own distilled water with you, it must be hand carried along with your CPAP machine. The cost for distilled water is $3.25 USD per gallon (plus an 18% delivery fee).

I just also saw a note from John Heald, CCL Brand Ambassador, which says the cost is $4.00 USD per gallon.  So, not sure the cost at this point. But, still seems very reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Brenda Gail I second what @RoadTravelled shared. I happen to think the cost of distilled water is pretty reasonable too. Bringing your own could be heavy and cumbersome. Possibly bringing one gallon onboard with your medical device could be worthwhile, but anything more than that would likely be too much to lug around. I would be sure to call the number listed in the comment above to ensure there is enough supply for you for the duration of your cruise. 

@RoadTravelled Thanks for sharing that! Out of curiosity, how many gallons would you foresee yourself needing for the duration of your cruise? I never thought about the need for gallons on water for medical devices, but I'm so happy cruise lines like CCL provide those services! I'm pretty impressed by the price too. I'm glad cruise lines aren't gouging for water for medical devices. What if cruise lines made guests buy cases of bottled water for their medical devices instead? That would be so costly and inconsiderate. I'm impressed by CCL!