Air Sea program - How does it work?

So I have a cruise booked in late Spring of next year and have the Air Sea on my Fare/cruise ticket.

How does this program work and when should I expect to receive an flight confirmation(s), and other things?
What are some of your thoughts on this program if you've used it, and it is a good program?

• Like 1

@Herobear_Gaymer NCL should have given you those details upon booking. I haven't used this program before, but I do believe those details are given to the cruise guest with plenty of time to spare. I have not heard good things about this program, and based on what I have heard, I wouldn't recommend NCL's Air Sea program. I have heard if there are any unforeseen changes, like a flight delay, NCL is not responsible for those changes. NCL does not work with the airline on your behalf, and issues can arise due to this third-party booking scenario. I would recommend booking your airfare and cruise fare separately. 

Posted (edited)

@Herobear_Gaymer If NCL didn't contact you with flight information, I would recommend reaching out to them directly. If your cruise embarkation date is within the year, I would expect you to get flight info pretty soon if it hasn't come yet. I was under the impression that you would get flight info immediately upon booking. I have not used this program and prefer to book my cruises/airfare separately. When is your cruise? 

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

• 1 month later...

My wife and I have gone on a few NCL cruises and only recently have booked an air/cruise package.  We are going from Orlando to Boston in September, cruise to Quebec and then fly back to Orlando after two days post cruise.  I received confirmation and ticket info July 5 with good flight info and times. We fly up on Jet Blue and back on United Airlines.  I will say the only bad thing was what United is charging us to check one bag from Quebec (195.00) because its international. (my wife will not go without her extra shoes,make-up and hair stuff) so we need a large checked bag. Jet Blue is charging us 35.00.   So just be aware of any baggage fees and seat fee option charges.  Our flights were booked through Air Canada which made it a little confusing as i discovered through telephone calls that our booking number is different which they explained to me.  Air Canada made this very easy for me to understand. Also, NCL was very fair on the air fare as they credited my account 195.00 because the air fare went down from the time i booked through them till the time they actually booked the flights. If the air had gone up they would not increase the fare amount, so they are very fair and good about the pricing.

• Thanks 1

@thorpemarlene Those are two great airlines. I think that's relatively good timing to receive your flight information too. I guess issues only arrive if the flights aren't on time or there is any other issue with the flight. With international flights and transfers I see how this could be bothersome. At least you were credited the difference. I have heard it can be a pain to get refunded when necessary. I'm glad that you had such a good experience booking with NCL's Air Sea program. Based on your experience I would consider using the program if the pricing was fair. I can imagine it could be different if there was an issue, but thankfully that wasn't the case for you. Would you continue using this program? Do you find the prices more affordable to book this way?