Cruise Hive Boards

MSC Seaview

Has anyone cruised out of Santos (Sao Paulo), Brazil before? I'm looking into an MSC Seaview itinerary for next year, 2025, that would cruise out just before travel visas became mandatory for US citizens. I have been on MSC Seaview's sister ships and feel very confident about the ship itself. It seems the cruise line has expanded immensely in South America, and I would love to try out a new itinerary! Since I haven't been to Brazil, I'm curious about this cruise port and local airport in Santos. Thanks in advanced!

image.thumb.png.810e95a9e52d672b2a27c03a244f31b0.png

On 5/6/2024 at 6:07 PM, 3Sisters said:

Has anyone cruised out of Santos (Sao Paulo), Brazil before? I'm looking into an MSC Seaview itinerary for next year, 2025, that would cruise out just before travel visas became mandatory for US citizens. I have been on MSC Seaview's sister ships and feel very confident about the ship itself. It seems the cruise line has expanded immensely in South America, and I would love to try out a new itinerary! Since I haven't been to Brazil, I'm curious about this cruise port and local airport in Santos. Thanks in advanced!

image.thumb.png.810e95a9e52d672b2a27c03a244f31b0.png

MSC Cruises is a huge cruise line in Brazil and has some good options for sure. South America is the only continent I've never been to. Good to try something different rather than the usual Caribbean!

• Thanks 1

@Emrys Thanks for your feedback! I typically cruise the Caribbean, as you mentioned. I have been itching to cruise out of South America for quite some time and plan to spend a month there exploring a few different local countries. Ideally, I would have found an itinerary that cruised out of Peru, but I was unable to find any that seemed worthwhile. I feel very confident to cruise with MSC Cruises and was a little hesitant to cruise with a foreign line since I'm unfamiliar to Brazil. It sounds like your next cruise should be to South America! I have only been to North America and South America so I have many others to explore. Trying something different is surely a step in the right direction! 

Brazil is becoming more and more popular for cruising! MSC Cruises has been expanding its itinerary options there, but a few other cruise lines also visit Brazil such as Celebrity Cruises , NCL, and HAL. HAL has some Grand Voyages that depart from Buenos Aires, Argentina (another popular cruise destination). Those niche itineraries go from pole-to-pole, exploring several countries throughout the cruise.  

image.png