I just left the Doctors office and i have Covid. I called Carnival Cruise line and told them and asked them to move my sail date and they said they wouldn't and i would lose my money. So I will be on that ship I just called my friend that owns a shirt shop. I will be wearing a shirt that has "i have COVID and Carnival would not change my sail date." lets see how this goes over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kirk Gillespie said:

I just left the Doctors office and i have Covid. I called Carnival Cruise line and told them and asked them to move my sail date and they said they wouldn't and i would lose my money. So I will be on that ship I just called my friend that owns a shirt shop. I will be wearing a shirt that has "i have COVID and Carnival would not change my sail date." lets see how this goes over.

out of curiosity what date were you originally scheduled to sail?

• Thanks 1

@Kirk Gillespie That's a wild situation! With insurance, you should have totally been able to change your sail date. I'm also curious, just as @Woody14, when is you r embarkation date? If it's within 48 hours that could make a huge difference. I'm sorry about you being ill, and I think it's very respectable that you chose to keep away from others while you are contagious. Will you be cruising regardless? I'm hopeful by the time you get on your itinerary you will no longer be contagious to others! That could be a big problem if it circled around your upcoming cruise. If you choose to cruise on your original itinerary, what precautions do you plan to take?

• Sad 1

sail date was 5-2-24 i found out i had covid on 5-1-24 i didn't want a refund just move my sail date. I don't care if it happen the day before i leave that's what i paid insurance for. Carnival is causing this kind of  problem because if they don't work with people that paid for the insurance then people are not going to lose thousands of dollars their just going to go sick.

• Like 1

@Kirk Gillespie You found out just the day before, what timing! I think asking to move the sail date is really realistic and could have been sorted out on the back end. That's right! What is the point of paying for insurance if it isn't going to help you out any? Traveler's insurance isn't cheap, so it's a huge disappointment it didn't pull through for you. CCL should have been more accommodating. Did you end up cruising anyhow? It's a risk to everyone onboard, and I'm surprised the line was willing to take the risk. There are likely more guests that have a sickness and try to hide it to get onboard. It's more noble to be honest with the cruise line, just as you were! 

@Kirk Gillespie That's wild the insurance didn't work out here. Did you end up cruising with your t-shirt? It's unfortunate you felt the need to take the cruise even thought you were ill and still contagious. Masked-cruising isn't the same, and at this point I doubt you were even motivated to mask. If the cruise line doesn't care about you being sick, then why should you care? It's commendable that you were trying to avoid passing it on to others. I would rather cruise healthy than when I'm not feeling well. I hope you recover quickly!