NCL Air program full of problems

Sounds like a good deal if the cruise line can book your air travel and align it with your cruise. Be aware! When we traveled with Princess to Alaska, the air booking was great - convenient, reputable carrier, direct to our smaller airport. NCL doesn’t have the same quality or customer service clearly. They sent us air confirmation that contained information for two separate flights for the same cruise. Unfortunately it wasn’t a choice to choose the best option. It was a system glitch and we were told that the flight that didn’t work for us was the only one offered. I asked about canceling the air with NCL and was told that because I was less than 110 days from my cruise, I couldn’t cancel without penalty. They only sent the air confirmation at 94 days before my cruise, I wonder why! If I canceled I would lose at least 20% of what I prepaid for air. Be aware that you are at the mercy of the airline and the side deals they make for cheap air travel. You are likely to fly on cheap-o airlines at times that regular passengers wouldn’t choose. If that doesn’t matter to you, then the cheaper airfare thru NCL is probably worth it for you. Otherwise, NCL has gone from a sought after reasonably priced cruise line to the bottom of customer satisfaction ratings on multiple scales. My summer cruise (and flights) are already booked but I’m really not likely to cruise with NCL again. Not worth it!

• Like 1

@Disgruntled consumer I have heard this on several occasions! It seems so scam like. The timing is usually very calculated with NCL. If I were to cruise with NCL, I would not recommend booking my airfare through the line. I likely will not be cruising with NCL due to the issues I see other guests having such as constant changes in itineraries and things like you mentioned. What ships/itineraries will you be cruising this summer? I will be very interested to see if the line is able to follow through with its advertised itineraries. I wish it wasn't the case but the line seems to lack consistency across the board. I'm sad you had this experience, and I hope your upcoming NCL itineraries aren't the same.

image.thumb.png.d06169ff9bb00d4c41c4c7d4c490500b.png

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

We have used NCL air for our last 5 cruises, and have not had any issues with the flight schedules.  And we will continue to use them since the savings are so great.

Edited by PattyO
misspelling
  • Thanks 1

@PattyO I'm glad to read you have had such good NCL air experiences. I'm used to reading the negative comments and whenever something goes wrong. The biggest issue with the program seems to be the disconnect between the airline and the cruise lines. The cruise lines don't have jurisdiction over the airlines and don't have the power to protect your airfare ticket like the actual cruise line can do. Where do you typically fly to/from? Can you choose your airline or does NCL choose for you?