Carnival Paradise Saves the Day

Carnival Paradise saves 27 refugees escaping Cuba last weekend. All 27 people were brought onboard the ship and properly nourished. The ship certainly saved the day and didn't even have to delay its projected itinerary! That's some serious skill. This wasn't the first rescue for Carnival Paradise; in fact the ship has made two other rescues, one in 2019 and the other more recently in 2022. 

image.png.2fb9367b4d44c8d05bc9fa1212f310a1.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a big group of refugees! Carnival Paradise saved the day a lot. It's turning into a rescue ship. I think the ship really knows what it's doing to make such good timing like that and stay on track. It almost seems unfair that CCL has to use its resources to do such a task. Do you think the cruise line gets any kickbacks for doing such charitable work? I understanding saving others is extremely important, but why does is continuously fall on the lap of cruises lines? 

It's great free PR for carnival as it puts their name out in front of the line of other cruise lines. The cost to rescue them was peanuts compared to the notoriety and free press. Yes its a good deed as well and people didn't die.

• Like 1

@euroguy That's right! I guess it's good publicity and good deeds are important acts of kindness. I didn't even think about the publicity piece. I thought maybe the government would give kickbacks of some sort for the time spent on the rescue. I'm not really sure how the legal logistics that occur after the refugees are spotted and found. I think the refugees are taken back to their country of residence. Would the refugees be punished for escaping? These are more details I'm curious about.