Cruise Hive Boards

Disney Cruise - Hair Style and Makeup

@Miss Lizzie I'm not sure if DCL offers makeup sessions onboard, but I know all ships offer hair services. Which ship will you be cruising on?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/senses-spa-salon/

For a hair up-do you you can be charged $59 plus depending on the style you choose. Just for a blowout it's a bit less, from around $39 per person. I think the hair services aren't actually that unreasonable. The prices are quite fair, but you will likely have to take care of your own makeup onboard your cruise. 

image.thumb.png.3e637e2495e152babbf68297203280fa.png

It's the Disney Fantasy and the Hair and makeup is going to be booked with the Fairytale Wedding planner. 

I was trying to figure out the cost before hand without bothering my Wedding planner. She said it would show up in the planner in May but hoping to give the bridesmaids a better guess on price. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

@Miss Lizzie You must be very excited for your upcoming Disney Fantasy cruise! It sounds like you may be getting married onboard this itinerary, which is even more exciting. I have seen some informative blogs on this, but I haven't experienced it myself. Hair styles should be anywhere from $60 plus depending on the style, and makeup application typically runs about $75 per person. Personally, I would round up when giving an estimate to your bridesmaids saying it will be about $200 per person for both hair and makeup. This price would likely have tip included and give your bridesmaids time to save/prepare for the occasion. Do you plan to get married on the ship or at Castaway Cay? Castaway Cay typically charges extra service charges on top of the figures I listed above. 

Thanks so much for your advice. I will tell them and they can decide if they want to do both or just one. The ceremony is on the ship. We prefer to be at sea off the back of the ship, we were in the Navy. Yes we are very excited and the Disney Wedding planner has been the sweetest person in the world. Castaway cay and the Atrium are a 1000.00 more if someone wished to go that way. I believe there are more decorations and reserving another venue for the cake celebration etc..that I am not doing. 

• Like 2

@Miss Lizzie That's always the best way! Let the bridesmaids decide what they want. Since the ceremony is on the ship those rates should be pretty standard, but please share any additional info you get on those prices. I'm sure many other brides would be curious to hear the price options. This is such a perfect way to get married for two Naval veterans! It couldn't be more magical than choosing a Disney Cruise Line ship either. To me, if you are cruising for your wedding, you should celebrate on the ship, otherwise you can just choose a destination wedding. There is something so peaceful about getting married on an open body of water. I don't think there is anything like it. It's a honeymoon and wedding all wrapped in one! 

image.thumb.png.34406a85c81230a410fc758a821925d2.png

As soon as the wedding coordinator places it on my plan I will let you all know the price. 

And if anyone wants to know the prices of the upgrades I got I will let you know those when I know as well. 

Thanks  Lizzie 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2024 at 11:24 AM, Cruising Caribbean said:

@Miss Lizzie I appreciate your willingness to pass along the info! I will keep my eye out for the pricing. I hope your wedding ends up turning out fantastically magical. Disney Cruise Line knowns how to make everything so special. You chose the right cruise line for your occasion! 

@Miss Lizzie I appreciate your willingness to pass along the info! I will keep my eye out for the pricing. I hope your wedding ends up turning out fantastically magical. Disney Cruise Line knowns how to make everything so special. You chose the right cruise line for your occasion! 

Disney sent me the final totals for my Vow Renewal upgrades for the cake, extra food, drinks and flowers. It was all as expected and paid for, so we are a go. The photographer and hair appointments are paid on board after the service is done. They have the appointments in my plan, but no pricing. It varies by length of hair and what you want done. They schedule 30 minutes for the girls who want just hair and 1 hour for girls who want hair and makeup done. I will let you know everything when we get back. So looking forward to the ceremony. 

Miss Lizzie 

• Like 1

@Miss Lizzie Thanks for sharing all the extra details! This is super helpful to anyone who is considering to get married on a Disney Cruise Line ship. I would love to renew my vows at some point onboard a DCL ship. I'm very excited for you and this special sailing date. It's interesting you still haven't been given hair/makeup prices yet. I guess the line is just assuming you will be using the services regardless. The most important thing is that you get those appointments selected ahead of time. What was your wedding date again? Hopefully the hair/makeup artists can get it all done in that timeframe. It really all depends on the artist. I have been in weddings where the process takes two hours and other times one hour! 

1 hour ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@Miss Lizzie Thanks for sharing all the extra details! This is super helpful to anyone who is considering to get married on a Disney Cruise Line ship. I would love to renew my vows at some point onboard a DCL ship. I'm very excited for you and this special sailing date. It's interesting you still haven't been given hair/makeup prices yet. I guess the line is just assuming you will be using the services regardless. The most important thing is that you get those appointments selected ahead of time. What was your wedding date again? Hopefully the hair/makeup artists can get it all done in that timeframe. It really all depends on the artist. I have been in weddings where the process takes two hours and other times one hour! 

I can see that the 2 bridesmaids are scheduled 11 to noon. And my maid of honor and myself are from noon to 2pm. Since our name are all together I am not sure, do the bridesmaids get different hair dressers for an hour or do they get one styles for 30 minutes. I just know from 11am to 2pm all 4 of us are in the salon. Hope I can get a glass of champagne. Lol 

Ceremony is at 3pm, so got an hour to get my dress on. If you want to see it is the Allure M681.

Just going to say we are on the Disney Fantasy in June. 

• Like 1

@Miss Lizzie I'm thinking with the timeframes you have stated, there will likely be more than one artist/stylist there. It all depends on the stylists, but that time crunch may feel a little too crunched. DCL won't steer you wrong though. I'm quite confident that your Disney planner knows what he/she is doing. If something fell through the cracks, it would that persons fault and that's not something DCL would end up doing. It's one of the greatest lines out there for magical experiences! DCL has no room for error and ensures the best experience possible. I think you know that. That's why you are getting married onboard one of Disney's fleet members. You should certainly get that glass of champagne! That's a must! Your wedding date is right around the corner. June is next month. I would imagine you just can't wait! 

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

The hair and makeup on the cruise is very expensive. My maid of honor was 259.00 and mine 239.00. The hair part was worth it, but the makeup was not. Makeup was 99.00 a person and you need to bring your own. I just thought they fumbled through the motions. I was not impressed. 

As always Disney is excellent with doing hair. It was gorgeous. 

So basically, do your own makeup and save 99.00 plus 18% tip automatically added. 

Miss Lizzie 

• Thanks 1

@Miss Lizzie Those prices aren't outrageous but I personally don't think I would pay them. I prefer to do my own makeup anyways, and it's mostly due to the fact that they aren't all that great! After doing your own personal makeup everyday, you know what looks better on you than an artist does. An artist can just do everything standard, but each individual person looks better with a different style! It's good to know about the hair, that you felt it was worth it. I would consider doing my hair for a special occasion onboard. The gratuity is another thing that really jacks up the price! I appreciate all of this info though. It's certainly helpful.