Cruise Hive Boards

Disney Cruise - Hair Style and Makeup

@Miss Lizzie I'm not sure if DCL offers makeup sessions onboard, but I know all ships offer hair services. Which ship will you be cruising on?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/senses-spa-salon/

For a hair up-do you you can be charged $59 plus depending on the style you choose. Just for a blowout it's a bit less, from around $39 per person. I think the hair services aren't actually that unreasonable. The prices are quite fair, but you will likely have to take care of your own makeup onboard your cruise. 

image.thumb.png.3e637e2495e152babbf68297203280fa.png

It's the Disney Fantasy and the Hair and makeup is going to be booked with the Fairytale Wedding planner. 

I was trying to figure out the cost before hand without bothering my Wedding planner. She said it would show up in the planner in May but hoping to give the bridesmaids a better guess on price. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

@Miss Lizzie You must be very excited for your upcoming Disney Fantasy cruise! It sounds like you may be getting married onboard this itinerary, which is even more exciting. I have seen some informative blogs on this, but I haven't experienced it myself. Hair styles should be anywhere from $60 plus depending on the style, and makeup application typically runs about $75 per person. Personally, I would round up when giving an estimate to your bridesmaids saying it will be about $200 per person for both hair and makeup. This price would likely have tip included and give your bridesmaids time to save/prepare for the occasion. Do you plan to get married on the ship or at Castaway Cay? Castaway Cay typically charges extra service charges on top of the figures I listed above. 

Thanks so much for your advice. I will tell them and they can decide if they want to do both or just one. The ceremony is on the ship. We prefer to be at sea off the back of the ship, we were in the Navy. Yes we are very excited and the Disney Wedding planner has been the sweetest person in the world. Castaway cay and the Atrium are a 1000.00 more if someone wished to go that way. I believe there are more decorations and reserving another venue for the cake celebration etc..that I am not doing. 

• Like 1

@Miss Lizzie That's always the best way! Let the bridesmaids decide what they want. Since the ceremony is on the ship those rates should be pretty standard, but please share any additional info you get on those prices. I'm sure many other brides would be curious to hear the price options. This is such a perfect way to get married for two Naval veterans! It couldn't be more magical than choosing a Disney Cruise Line ship either. To me, if you are cruising for your wedding, you should celebrate on the ship, otherwise you can just choose a destination wedding. There is something so peaceful about getting married on an open body of water. I don't think there is anything like it. It's a honeymoon and wedding all wrapped in one! 

image.thumb.png.34406a85c81230a410fc758a821925d2.png

As soon as the wedding coordinator places it on my plan I will let you all know the price. 

And if anyone wants to know the prices of the upgrades I got I will let you know those when I know as well. 

Thanks  Lizzie 

• Thanks 1