1st timer Escape on 5/16 - not impressed already?

First time on NCL - to Europe on the Escape leaving Venice on 5/16 (but I have been on a LOT of cruises with another line).  What is with the vague itinerary information for getting on and off the ship?  I am a total planner and I want to know beforehand when I can get off the ship and when I have to be back on the ship.  I was told by customer service that is varies and to listen for announcements and check the daily, printed information.   How am I supposed to plan and maximize my days (in advance) if I don't know yet?  I thought the advertised itinerary in my vacation summary was the point of reference and contained accurate information but I guess not?   

So for example...."arrival" time in Rome is 6am.  When can I expect to get off the ship?    "Departure" time in Rome is listed as 7:00pm - but then I saw something somewhere that says you have to be back two hours before 7:00pm which would really mean 5:00pm.   So which is it?      Why can't they just label the departure time as "Back on Board" and be done with it? 

Any other expectations that I need managed?  😆

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DonGod said:

First time on NCL - to Europe on the Escape leaving Venice on 5/16 (but I have been on a LOT of cruises with another line).  What is with the vague itinerary information for getting on and off the ship?  I am a total planner and I want to know beforehand when I can get off the ship and when I have to be back on the ship.  I was told by customer service that is varies and to listen for announcements and check the daily, printed information.   How am I supposed to plan and maximize my days (in advance) if I don't know yet?  I thought the advertised itinerary in my vacation summary was the point of reference and contained accurate information but I guess not?   

So for example...."arrival" time in Rome is 6am.  When can I expect to get off the ship?    "Departure" time in Rome is listed as 7:00pm - but then I saw something somewhere that says you have to be back two hours before 7:00pm which would really mean 5:00pm.   So which is it?      Why can't they just label the departure time as "Back on Board" and be done with it? 

Any other expectations that I need managed?  😆

generally speaking when you arrive in ports it will take about 30 minutes to get cleared and set up for you to get off the ship.   Back on board time is also generally 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Out of curiosity what line have you sailed on that lists the time you will get off and back on with the itinerary?  I ask as every cruise line I have sailed it is always the port arrival and departure times.

@DonGod Norwegian Escape is supposed to be a lovely ship, but little details like that typically vary per line. One thing I have noticed NCL isn't very good at is remaining consistent with it's planned itinerary, which is very frustrating for those that like to plan ahead (or plan at all for that matter). I have a hard time with the lack of consistency, and I wish NCL would stick to its advertised itineraries more often than not. Other than those aspects mentioned, are there any other things you are liking/disliking on the ship? 

@Woody14 I also have noticed port arrival and departure times, but I think CCL uses the wording "back on board." It's a more informal way of phrasing it, but they basically mean the exact same thing.