Cruise Hive Boards

Disney Fantasy Evacuation

A guest had to be evacuated due to a pregnancy emergency onboard Disney Fantasy. The US Coast Guard came via helicopter to the San Juan airport and then to a nearby hospital. Thankfully the cruise ship doctor actually traveled alongside the guest to assist with the emergency. Disney Cruise Line does not allow pregnant guests to board if they are more than 23 weeks pregnant. I think this rule is very safe but I wonder how far along the evacuated guest was. If you are having a high risk pregnancy, I wouldn't recommend cruising at all. I'm curious to hear more about why this guest needed immediate medical assistance. 

image.thumb.png.4e7ffd6009c442d105c15ff1b6d0aa8c.png

This is such a tragic experience! I can't imagine having this happen on my cruise vacation, but this must have been a very rare and extreme circumstance. This video clip shows how the passenger was evacuated from Disney Fantasy with the onboard doctor accompanying her. I haven't seen any updates on the status of this guest or the infant, but I will continue to search any updates that may surface. 

Hopefully the guest and baby are both doing alright. This much have been such a traumatic experience, but DCL handled the situation so well! In fact, DCL does most things right, and I have been tempted to begin cruising with the line. I have been hesitant for so long due to pricing, but I'm thinking the extra expenditure will actually end up being worth it. 

Disney's private island is looking so cool! Lookout Cay will be welcoming guests this June and I'm really excited about it. I'm tempted to book a cruise to this Bahamian island and check it out! I think it's going to have some epic features, unlike any other private island options to date. Some of those unique features will surely be Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

image.thumb.png.eb6cebad80880da6feb7e8a176021053.png

We probably will never know about the mother and child, but I am sure that Disney did everything possible to assure their safety. 

Disney was the first cruise I took 19 years ago on the Magic when my son was 12, he is now 31. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and we have been on RCL and Princess several times. Those cruises were fun, but no one has matched up to Disney. It is definitely worth the extra expense. They treat the children like royalty and everyone is special to them. I have never had any issues on any cruise line, but Disney I always felt special. The atmosphere is different and only Disney can create that atmosphere. 

RCL is my next favorite, they were lots of fun and I believe the crew went above several times. Princess is okay, they did their jobs, but didn't feel welcomed. I probably wouldn't do Princess again. 

Try Disney. Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Miss Lizzie Disney Cruise Line really went above and beyond here! I completely agree with you. Even if we never hear the resolution story, I can tell DCL did almost everything in their power to ensure the best possible outcome. 

Wow, you have been enjoying Disney cruises for quite a while! Clearly your first one 19 years ago was an exceptional experience for you. Thanks for sharing your impression of the line and how worth it the experience is for you. I would love to explore the line as well. Every time I get a DCL quote I feel daunted by the price and opt out. Since I have your children, I think it would be a truly impressionable experience so I will continue to look for deals that are in my price range. Disney is magical (I love the parks), and surely a Disney cruise would have that same feel. 

I'm surprised to read about your Princess Cruises' experience. I have heard great things about the line, but it's geared towards older adults. RCL is certainly more fun, and I bet DCL is even more fun! 

Just look at those fun and festive character outfits for Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

image.thumb.png.26d5df9678725d71e189c34a9c7981e9.png

• Like 1

Those Disney characters are so festive! One of the most unique things about DCL's private island are these characters. That's something you won't find with other cruise lines. Yes, mascots can be seen here and there, but there is something very special about these characters. They are iconic! Disney Cay at Lookout Point will offers so many activities for all age groups including Disney Fun in the Sun Beach Bash with Goofy's Good Day Limbo and Pluto's Pineapple Ring Toss. These characters will be engaging in ways that are unique to DCL and Disney Cay at Lookout Point. I'm very much looking forward to it.

image.thumb.png.a04e6e16cdeef7ab8a8985896975be05.png