Cruise Hive Boards

Cruise Ship Mystery Romance Novel

I’m a former cruise ship nurse who is releasing my first book - a cruise ship cosy mystery romance - this month! And I’m looking for anyone in the cruise community who might be interested  in a collaboration to help me get the word out.  I wrote the book to be the perfect vacation read and give cruise lovers a behind-the-scenes look at life below decks! It’s called The Unsinkable Aly Brown, RN. 

@Cruise RN What a cool novel! It sounds like a fun read, especially for those that enjoy cruising. What enticed you to write a book on this topic? I wonder if there was a personal experience while on the job that provoked you to write about it. How long were you a cruise ship nurse for? Did you enjoy it? 

Hi @3Sisters - I loved being a shipboard nurse, I only stopped because my husband and I wanted to have a family. The book is definitely based on experiences I had, though I never actually solved any murders on the ships that I was on 😀. The book is called "The Unsinkable Aly Brown, RN" and it's available on Amazon starting 4/26 if you want to check it out. Thank you!

• Like 1

@Cruise RN It has to be difficult to start a family while away at sea for work! Were you able to have your husband join you on the ships you were contracted on? Would you be able to bring a child along during your contract? I was always curious what certain crew members were allowed to do. As a nurse, I would imagine you could potentially bring your husband along, but it may depend on your contract/ship. I like the book title! It's cleaver to use the word "unsinkable," a great pun. You have ten days until it's out!