Cruise Hive Boards

Hurricane Season 2024

I can't believe it's almost that time of year again! Hurricane season for the Atlantic will begin before we know it, less than two months away. The waters get warmer but hurricane season makes things pretty risky when it comes to cruise travel. I really hope that this year's hurricane season won't be too bad, but it's just so hard to predict. Is anyone planning to cruise the Atlantic this 2024 hurricane season? This year, I'm avoiding hurricane season, but during the winter months, I'm open to cruising again! 

image.thumb.png.50d264deab34324f6e2bf7260e11587f.png

• 1 month later...

Yep. First time cruising during hurricane season. We did this because cruise prices keep growing and this was a better price. However, we're cruising just 4 nights on Mariner of the Seas out of Galveston - fingers crossed! 

• Thanks 1

Yep, hurricane season is upon us again. It's officially from June 1 to November 30. Historically, peak season is September. For me, it's hard to block out half the year because a hurricane may form when I'd like to cruise.

One prediction is:

2024%20Hurricane%20Season%20Forecast%20CSU.png?crop=16:9&width=480&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=60

• Sad 1

@Ash17 You definitely take a lesser risk if you are traveling a shorter itinerary. Galveston is so hit or miss with the hurricanes, and they are so unpredictable. I will keep my fingers crossed for your upcoming cruise itinerary! Mariner of the Seas will be a great time as long as you can doge those hurricanes. What month do you sail out?

@kefthecruiser September always has the best cruise rates. Now I know why! Based on this prediction, it may be a busier than average hurricane season. I guess only time will tell, but it doesn't seem promising. I look my annual cruise at the beginning of this year so I will be dodging this year's season altogether. I will be keeping a close eye on all the storms though! The itinerary changes can get intense that time of year. 

@Ash17 That's a great reason to celebrate! September is a good month to cruise as long as you can avoid the hurricanes. Either way, you will be taken care of by RCL. RCL always treats guests right. Either the cruise reroutes itineraries to avoid a storm or you have other rebooking options, but you can expect to be taken care of nonetheless. Sending lots of prayers your way for your August scan! Taking and cruise and living it up is my favorite way to live life. Whenever you have an opportunity to cruise, take it! Life is short and we all should enjoy it to the fullest. Is RCL your preferred cruise line? It's one of the most popular out there for a reason!