Hi, we just booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean for Ovation of the Seas which departs from Hawaii at end of April and arrives in Vancouver, British Columbia in May. Wanting to see what to expect for the weather so we pack right? Also did anyone do any excursions not through the ship on the big island in Hawaii? What do you recommend? Thank you!

• Like 1

@Lindsay That an awesome cruise! I love when cruises have different embarkation and disembarkation ports. Will you be cruising out this April? Hawaii will be lovely this time of year. It will be warm, sunny, and humid with not much chance of rain. Bringing a light rain jacket is a good idea because it is spring. You never know when you will get some rain, so it's better to be prepared just in case. There are lots of excursion options in Hawaii from beaches to more adventurous hikes. Which Hawaiian island would you like excursion recommendations for? 

https://www.cruisehive.com/category/cruise-port-tips/hawaii

image.thumb.png.efb9b8bf67e24690f185ee7992158c7a.png

We will be on Kailua Kona and looking for those excursions.  Not sure what time the tender will be going in and out. Yes we will be going end of April. Wondering what weather will be for leaving Hawaii to Vancouver, British Columbia. 

@Lindsay  Kailua Kona will be a lovely stop, but tender ports always take lots of patience! I would advise almost waiting till an hour has passed before getting off the ship unless you have priority disembarkation. 

This article will give you great tips for Kailua Kona! https://www.cruisehive.com/ways-to-enjoy-kailua-kona-hawaii-for-cruise-visitors/33202

Spring time is always filled with showers. I hope, for your sake, that you can avoid those shower, but it's inevitable. I wouldn't expect much of a chill, but I would expect amazing flowers and gardens! Butchard Gardens is a must see in Vancouver is you are interested.

Will this be your first time cruising to these lovely destinations?