Cruise Hive Boards

Regal Princess British Isles ports information requested

We will be taking the Regal Princess to the Bristish Isles in May 2024 and are wondering about the ports of call.  We have not been to these ports and do not know where they are in relation to the city/village.

Does anyone know if the ports are walkable or do you have to take a tour or transportarion to get to see anything or do anything?

The ports are:

Cork (Cobh)

Dublin (Dun Laoghair)

Belfast

Holyhead

Glasgow (Greenock)

Orkney Islands (Kirk Edinburgh)

Thank you!

Chris P

• Like 1

@ChrisP A British Isles cruise sounds brilliant! Unfortunately, I have not been to these destinations but I can't want to read your cruise review sharing which ports of call you really enjoyed. I have looked into cruises that visit Cork, Dublin, and Belfast. The other locations are completely new to me. Have you cruise near this region in the past? Are you flying into Cork?

Regal Princess is surely a lovely ship. I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise that's about one month out now!

image.png.b9afb356ea2272c40af78acb401059af.png

You'll have a Destination Expert on board. they will be doing presentations on the ports and give you all the practicle information, for what to see and do, getting around, etc. they will also conduct desk hours twice per day, usually a couple hours morning and a couple hours evening.

• Thanks 1

@traveldude Have you cruised on this itinerary before? Going to the excursion desk is a great suggestion for @ChrisP! I personally prefer to strategize ahead of time, ensuring I don't miss out on some of the best, must-see spots. Most of these destinations have excursions you can book directly through Princess Cruises before you board on the website. If you haven't been to these destinations before, I would advise you to book through the cruise line for ease, convenience, security, and safety. You always have the option of booking on your own once you get off of the ship. Especially if you don't speak the native language, it's always nice to book your excursions through the cruise line. If you look at each destination on Princess Cruises website, you will get a few good tips as to where you should explore. You can always hop off of the ship and wing it, finding a taxi to take you to your destination of choice. image.thumb.png.266cf30688565e6bedb9e8adab4ec660.png

https://www.princess.com/ports-excursions/cork-ireland-cobh-for-blarney-castle-excursions/

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your comments. I too like to plan ahead as some of the excursions on the princess website are already sold out. We have not traveled this itinerary before, so these ports will be new for us.

@ChrisP It's always exciting to try a new itinerary! I wish I was exploring a new area on my next cruise but I was unable to find one in my budget. That's such a bummer some of the excursions through the website are already sold out! Are there any other Princess Cruises' excursions you are interested in that you could book? It's possible the longer you wait to book the more these options will sell out. I personally don't like to wait to book excursions onboard for that very reason; there aren't many options left over. You can choose from the leftovers essentially.