DAVID is now on Firenze

Per an official release from CCL "The famous replica of Michelangelo’s statue of David—a pivotal piece of Italian Renaissance sculpture—is now aboard Carnival Firenze and showcased in the ship’s atrium."

It's going to be awesome to see it again in September. It's been anout 15 years ago when i originally saw it on the Pride.

image.thumb.png.336e1019e93562a78aae52e2dfc94ccd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@euroguy How about that? You were right in your anticipation! He is well-suited there, in all his glory. I'm glad CCL was able to feature David onboard Carnival Firenze. I'm also glad he's featured in the atrium. What a way to showcase such a cool work of art! September will be here before we know it. Time is just flying by for me this year. I'm so excited for spring and the flowers to bloom, but I know the fall season will creep back around again faster than I expect! 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, euroguy said:

Do you think it matters who the godfather or mother is?

@euroguy  Makes no difference to me in the least.  They are not a part of my actual cruise on that ship and have no effect on how much I enjoy her or my vacation.  But, it seems he is a great choice based on his reaction and his past connections to CCL.

@euroguy That's a great question! I'm not really sure the Godfather/Godmother makes much of a difference to the ship itself. I think it's more of a noteworthy honoring than anything else. @RoadTravelled It doesn't necessarily make a difference to me either. It's noteworthy to have such a figure attached to the ship, but I would love to cruise on the ship with or without an awesome figure attached. 

• Like 1