TRAVEL WARNING Amber Cove (Domican Republic & Haiti)

On 9/20/2024 at 2:02 PM, Jayde said:

Hello,

Im just wondering if theres been any updated news on Amber cove? Im travelling April 2025 and a tad worry. I can imagine there has been numerous travels to Amber Cove since this original post from March. 

How does everyone feel now? 

Thanks! 

@Jayde Some good advice from others. With Amber Cove you should be just fine. Just things like keeping to the port area, being careful with taxis, and the usual port common sense will always help. I doubt there will be any changes for cruises or anything.

I agree with @Emrys here. Always use common sense and take your typical precautions, but I think it's safe enough to get off at Amber Cove.

@Jayde I thought this recent news may support what I stated above. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/first-royal-caribbean-ship-returns-to-labadee-after-suspension/147035

RCL is just making it back to Labadee after avoiding the stop for obvious reasons since May 2024. Now that RCL is choosing to begin calling at Labadee again, it should make you feel like the area is getting back to a place of normalcy.