Cruise Hive Boards

Singles cruises

@Willie This sounds so fun! I have noticed a few people on the boards commenting about upcoming cruises with Enchanted Princess. Will this be your first time on the ship? Will you be cruising a Western or Eastern Caribbean itinerary? How does a singles cruise work? Are only singles welcome aboard this itinerary? Enchanted Princess is a pretty large ship for a singles-only experience! I have yet to cruise solo so I'm very curious how it all works. 

image.thumb.png.2d588e622c614a1088e23475d60da1b8.png

Hi 3Sisters...I am so looking forward to this cruise,  I've been on about 14 cruises,  this will be my first singles cruise and my first  Princess cruise. This is an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, it's a hosted singles cruise, a host will set up certain events for singles however, there will be regular guests also,  I hear it's so much fun,  I'll tell you all about it or maybe you should come!

• Thanks 1

@Willie That's very impressive! You are a pretty avid cruiser. I have heard wonderful things about Princess Cruises, but I have yet to cruise with the line. I can't wait to hear about what your experience is like as a first-timer with Princess Cruises. Have you done a singles cruise with another line in the past? You will have a blast in the Eastern Caribbean with many singles ready to have a good time! As long as you are able to avoid hurricanes, this itinerary in June should be a great one. Usually the hurricane season starts off slow, and you will be towards the beginning of the season anyhow. Thanks for explaining how the whole single cruise works. I thought that the entire ship would be filled with singles, which sounds pretty fun! I can only imagine the group will be so lively and adventurous. Will any of the singles group be booking excursions together? 

@Willie It would be cool if you could book an excursion as a singles group! I'm sure it would be difficult to get everyone onboard to book the same excursions for every port, but maybe a few of you could agree on one or two. I am planning a family cruise for early 2026! I just cruised last month and hoping to possibly squeeze another in 2025, just haven't decided when and where yet. In 2025 I have a few on land obligations and celebrations that will take precedence over a cruise next year, but I still have intentions of squeezing one in. Do you have any other cruises planned other than this exciting singles cruise?

@Willie I hope you have a lovely time on your upcoming singles cruise. I can't wait to read about what you thought of Princess Cruises in comparison to other cruise lines. Most guests who cruise with Princess Cruises fall in love with the line, and I have heard the food quality is better than most. What is typically your favorite cruise line? 

I would assume after this cruise experience you would book another for the coming year. I recommend looking into booking your future cruise onboard your upcoming Enchanted Princess sailing. Usually, the rates, deposits, and onboard credits can be really great, better than booking off-ship. I recommend looking into itineraries that you could potentially be interested in beforehand and see the costs of those itineraries if you were to book on the ship! You never know; you could be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

@Willie Does RCL offer any singles cruises as well? Since you have been loyal to RCL I would imagine you would enjoy a RCL singles cruise unless you are switching lines for a reason. I have heard that Princess Cruises is a more upscale line, attracting a more mature crowd. What are some things you like/dislike about RCL? That's a great plan on action booking onboard because you can save some major bucks by doing that. 

I'm not sure if RCL offer singles cruises,  I booked mine through Vacations to go, RCL has become a bit too pricey,  I think I'll enjoy this Princess cruise maybe a little more than RCL, don't really have any dislikes on RCL other than price.

• Like 1

@Willie After doing some digging, I discovered RCL doesn't offer special prices for single occupants. Considering that, I would imagine RCL singles cruises are likely few and far between. For your upcoming Princess cruise, did you receive a special/better rate as a single occupant? Many cruise lines, like RCL, don't give a good enough price break for solo occupants. That's such a bummer because solo occupants end up having to absorb all of those extra costs as if there were double occupants in the stateroom! I agree RCL's prices have gone up, but I was under the impression Princess Cruises is more exclusive than RCL. If you are getting better rates while cruising withe Princess Cruises, that means RCL's prices are getting significantly higher!

• 2 weeks later...

No better rate however,  I have the option of splitting the cost with a roommate,  my cruise is paid in full and I  can tell you that Princess's prices overall are better than RCL, the excitement is building!!

@Willie I hope you have a great cruise!I love cruising in June. The weather is typically warm and sunny, and it's the perfect time of year to enjoy tropical paradise in the water. I would have never assumed Princess Cruises prices would come out cheaper than RCL's! That's very surprising to me. Your cruise is only 2 months out, and I'm sure you make some incredible memories. Does Princess Cruises offer a randomized roommate option or do you have to bring your own roommate along?