wine package

Is the wine package worth it and in addition to the 18% do they charge an additional corkage fee?  Can you pick it up outside the dining room and take it to your cabin?

• Thanks 1

@pablo If you love wine, I think this package could be worth it. I'm pretty sure you are not charged an additional corkage fee as long as you purchased the bottle onboard. From what I know about this package, you can take the opened bottle back to your stateroom. I have also heard it can be saved and stored for the following evening if you choose to leave it at the MDR for the following evening. Here are a few extra details that may interest you and help you make the decision whether to purchase the "Cruise the Vineyards" package or not. 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages

@pablo The premium wine selection for CCL's "Cruise the Vineyards" package is much more vast than that of the regular package. Personally, I would be content with the regular package, which is priced at a cheaper rate. If you have higher standards or prefer a larger selection of wine, I recommend the premium option. It also depends on how much you drink. I would likely get the 5 bottles with the regular package for me and my spouse. The red selection is minimal but it would be good enough for us. It also depends on the duration of the cruise. I would go for the 5 bottles if the cruise was a 7-night itinerary. Were you able to see the wine selection for both packages?

@pablo Will you be cruising alone or with another guest in your stateroom? If it's possible to share this wine package, it could be worthwhile for you and the secondary guest! If you enjoy drinking other drinks more than wine, this probably isn't the best choice for you. This "Cruise the Vineyards" package is really meant for those that love wine above all. I prefer wine more than all other alcoholic options so this would be a package for me. How long is the cruise itinerary you are looking into? 

@pablo For a five-night cruise, I would purchase the three bottle package if it was just for me. I'm not a huge drinker but I think the 3-bottle premium could be worthwhile. Which package did you end up selecting? Do you plan to pre-purchase this package before embarkation? I find it easiest to pre-purchase as much as possible so everything is already set once I'm onboard.