Cruise Hive Boards

Children in adult areas

I have no problem if they stick to the 2 hour window (5-7). If it is NOT enforced, I'll be pretty annoyed. I don't like kids and like the appeal of that adult only area. Needs to be well enforced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I don't think I'd have much of a problem as long as it's only in that time frame. We can use it outside of that window if needs be. I can also understand why some people are annoyed because it's nice to have a break away from the kids. As long as everyone is respectful of everyone and stick to the rules, it should be fine. 

• Like 1

No.  The children already have their own area of the ship.  Adults don't go there to hang out.  They should not be allowed in the adult area.  One of the reasons I've always cruised with Celebrity is because of the solarium. There's no children and it's nice and relaxing.  If they start this policy on some sailings, they may eventually expand it to all ships. 

• Like 1

Kids on Celebrity are very few and usually well mannered. It would not bother me if they were allowed in the solarium a couple hours a day.  On our Celebrity cruise last week, there were probably less than 10 kids total on the cruise.  I think the kids hours for the solarium pool was 4-6 or 5-7 - can’t remember exactly. Usually by this time the solarium is clearing out of the old people so not an issue.  JMO 

• Thanks 1

@DMG I understand how you feel about the solarium. I do, however agree with @FJB. I don't think the limited amount of time children are allowed there should be a huge issue. It's only about a 2-3 hour window. You can avoid that without issue, not having to worry about the kids bothering you. I understand how nice it is to have a kids-free zone, but the solarium is kids free the majority of the day! If the hours were expanded, I could see how that would be extra frustrating, but as it is now, it seems quite reasonable. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@DMG I understand both perspectives. An adults-only area should be adults-only. I also think the timeframe that Celebrity Cruises chose is reasonable, since 5-7pm aren't very popular hours for the pool. I mostly agree with @FJB. I believe Celebrity Cruises is trying to attract everyone, and make the line just as kid friendly as many of its other competitors. I have yet to experience the solarium when kids were welcome, and I would imagine many guests don't even use that time to intentionally bring their children there. During this 5-7pm window, do many kids actually show up to swim there?