Cruise Hive Boards

trading talent for free crusie

lucy

@PaulB I do think entertainment onboard cruise ships can be really good! It's like the next rising star. Every time I have been on a cruise I find the entertainment to be above expectation. Granted, I haven't cruised with every lien, but the variety I have been on always produce good content. I enjoy when comedians on a cruises are fresh and exciting. When the comedian onboard is a guests and only does one or two act a sailing, the content is fun and fresh. When the comedian is contracted on the ship 24/7, I notice them to become stale and mundane. I think it really depends with comedians. It's hit or miss. 

Lines like RCL are always changing up their acts too! They don't get stale when there are a vast variety of options and no two option is alike! From ice skaters to acrobats, you aran't bored on a ship like this.

image.thumb.png.e27cd95d23f95bc05db5fc572eba1612.png

Edited by 3Sisters

@3Sisters yes its all a great variety. I thoroughly enjoy every act when I'm onboard, down to the acrobatics to the theatre groups. I am pleasantly surprised by the high standards they have, and even when they have a singer, just playing some tunes to chilled guests in the middle of the dock, it's a nice experience. I agree, no matter how good they are, they do need to mix it up at times to keep it all fresh. 

For the price of cruising, the fact that such talented entertainers are performing nightly is impressive. I completely agree with you. When performers become one trick ponies it isn't good for them either. Constant changes are a must for both the crew and the guests. I happen to enjoy cruising on the same ship over and over again. I prefer to switch up the ports, but I really enjoy certain ships and I have no problem going back on the ones I enjoy. You don't need to be on a mega ship to get good quality performers either. I have cruised with smaller lines and ships, with the same caliber of entertainment! Have you seen an ice skating performance on a ship before? It's pretty impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Entertainers onboard cruise ships are next level! You must have great talent to be able to perform on a ship. I have yet to see amateur performers while cruising. From beautiful choreography to lovely theaters, I enjoy my moments watching the performers on my cruise vacations. It's something that I rarely get the opportunity to do on land.