ITS OFFICIAL...David Statue Returns!!

While few details have yet been revealed about what Carnival Firenze will offer, one iconic element is known – the replica of the famous Michelangelo David sculpture is being installed on the ship. The art piece was formerly on Carnival Pride, but was removed when that ship was renovated in May 2023.

Carnival Firenze is scheduled to welcome her first guests on April 25, 2024, an earlier-than-originally-planned inaugural sailing. The ship will be homeported from Long Beach, California, offering 3-7 night Baja and Mexican Riviera itineraries

• Thanks 1

@euroguy I'm so pumped for this! It's coming in perfect timing before your Carnival Firenze cruise itinerary. Thanks for sharing this exciting addition. It was speculated David would make a presence onboard, but I'm thrilled to hear its permanence on a new ship. This Statue of David deserves to shine, and I'm glad CCL is keeping it in the fleet! 

@Kendall James-Vargas I know you're on your cruise and getting close to its end as mine is just 3 days away and we where a week a part, but wanted to respond.

Yes I too am pumped as I originally saw the David statue 13 or more years ago on my 1st or 2nd cruise. It will be nice to see it again and will probably ly cause a pause to reflect upon time gone by.

I hope you had a wonderful trip got all your girly stuff going on along with toes in the warm sand.

• Like 1

@euroguy I would imagine you are coming back from your cruise relatively soon now! I was unaware you had seen the statue in years past. It will be so awesome to see it again for sure! I can't wait to read all about your Mardi Gras adventure. In fact, I saw it docked when were were docked in I believe it was Nassau. I think I snapped a photo too I will have to go through my photos to confirm. It's such a huge ship! It certainly appeared a bit larger than MSC Seashore. It was such a sight to see them right next to each other and think you would be cruising on it just a few days after. How cool would it have been if you were on that sailing? Our dates were so close but not quite. We got amazing weather on our cruise considering the rainy forecast. I enjoyed the straw market while in Nassau. Have you been to that market before? It's so convenient, right outside the port area. 

@Kendall James-Vargas I'm currently on the Mardi Gras 2nd sea day so will be sometime before I give the full run down on the Mardi Gras but certainly will I cluding the new dining menu...I've been taking notes lol  yes its a huge ship, ive certainly got my steps in... you would be exhausted from running up and down all the stairs... only 18 decks 🤣 gotta go for now

• Thanks 1

@euroguy Sea days are the perfect time to enjoy the wifi package I'm assuming you purchased! I can't wait to hear all about the new dining menu and what you think of it. It's wonderful to switch things up. The classics are nice but they aren't exciting to me after a while. I would also love to hear about the elevators. On MSC Seashore you have four elevator car options and you are assigned to an elevator car based on your deck selection. I loved the elevator processes so much more this way. It greatly simplified the wait times and entire process. I think it's the best way and most cruise lines are beginning to do it. Running up and down the decks is no joke. I was dripping sweat after the first couple rounds! It's not for the faint of heart.