Rubber Ducks

😌, I have no problem looking for ducks, I will not look at the cards that people want to leave, for businesses , it is not ethical , tell them to leave them at home, attach a smiley face and get on with it!, and throw them in the trash.

• Thanks 1

I am a Platinum Carnival cruiser. I have found and hidden many ducks on the ship. People are NOT attaching business cards or promoting businesses on the cards attached to the ducks. What they are putting on the cards is a facebook group that is for people who find ducks on Carnival ships. This group is to show other people what ducks were found on which Carnival ship and what they look like.. The ducks come in many different looks and sizes. Some ducks are holiday related. Some are very little and some are very big. It is fun to show everyone the ducks that are found. Also it is fun when someone posts a duck that you hid. I don't consider this a business card at all. No services are being offered. Just a fun way to show everyone your ducks. If you want to see a boat load of cute ducks then search Carnival Ducks on facebook. spacer.png

• Thanks 1

@Karen May I hope guests aren't doing that. I mean, it would be a smart way to advertise, but that's totally against the purpose of cruising ducks! I would leave personal information out of the fun. It's really unnecessary. I like the idea of a smiley face sticker. It reminds me of the good old days when Wal-Mart used to hand them out for kids are they walked into the store. Now you are just lucky to find a cart that goes straight!

@Sheri I haven't been on that Facebook group, but I will check it out. I don't like the idea of making cruise ducks a game of advertisement, and I can hope that guests continue on this tradition in an ethical and appropriate manner. If you plan to participate in the duck fun, keep it lighthearted and fun. Please don't ruin the fun for others!

@Cleve I thought your pun was hilarious. DeDUCKting cruise costs could be a perk of these rubber duckies, but it shouldn't ruin the fun! It's all about QUACKing up and spreading joy!

On 2/12/2024 at 5:07 PM, Karen May said:

😌, I have no problem looking for ducks, I will not look at the cards that people want to leave, for businesses , it is not ethical , tell them to leave them at home, attach a smiley face and get on with it!, and throw them in the trash.

@Faye Burckhalter I agree that using these cute ducks for the purpose of advertisement just ruins the fun. Even the ducks without any information tags are good enough for me. 

@Richard Melton I love this! It must have been such a treat to find re-hidden ducks on your recent cruise! It's really all about the simple things in life. I'm glad to hear you feel as fondly as I do about rubber ducks onboard, and you enjoy the fun of the entire experience with your family. DO you typically move the ducks you find from one ship to another? I typically only re-hide them onboard the same ship. The idea of brining them along onto another ship is something that hasn't crossed my mind before until now. 

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas