Gwen Stefafni Becomes Godmother

Carnival Jubilee has officially announced its Godmother, Gwen Stefani! At the end of this month, Stefani will christen Carnival Jubilee at the Port of Galveston in a grand ceremony, like CCL always does. She surely deserves this title! I love Gwen Stefani, and I hope she sneaks in a song during the ceremony on February 24, 2024. As a person from the 90s, she's a true icon in my eyes. image.thumb.png.2ac29ea44602ee2d4444338cd904afa4.png

@KeithG That is so awesome! What a perfect way to kick off this incredible ship. I'm already playing her songs on repeat today in honor of Gwen becoming godmother. She's an icon for sure, and the title of godmother for Carnival Jubilee is well deserved. Not only is Carnival Jubilee going to have a noteworthy naming ceremony but the ship will also be home porting out of its new Galveston terminal. Terminal 25 underwent extensive upgrades that cost $53 million. Part of the port expansion will include more parking for cruises guests, totaling over 500 additional parking spots in the Express Lot!

image.thumb.png.678bb79bda72fc840eba5cb793767484.png

@Kendall James-Vargas Yep, invitaiton only according to the email, although it will  be shown on all the screens. Should be fun though and maybe the later departure will help with traffic around the terminals. 

Here is part of the email they sent us:

Dear Diamond & Platinum Guests,

You may have heard that Carnival Jubilee’s naming ceremony will be taking place Saturday, February 24.  

To ensure a smooth experience for our guests and manage all the activities, Terminal Arrival Appointments will begin at noon. Please DO NOT arrive prior to your Terminal Arrival Appointments as they will be STRICTLY ENFORCED and all guests who arrive outside their designated times will be asked to return.

Although the ceremony itself will be an invitation-only affair, we are delighted to share that it will be televised on big screens around the vessel, starting at 3:30 PM.