Duck, duck ....duck

Hello, I'm just here to say that I do not have a problem with cruising ducks. My grandchildren went with us on our last cruise and they had fun finding the ducks as well as re-hiding them. It's all in fun. If you don't like them then don't participate. I'm glad to hear that carnival is not trying to ban them. Thank you! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

I have sailed multiple times, five to be exact, and in November for the first time on my birthday cruise, I found a small little duck that had the name of the ship and 2023 on it. Needless to say, I kept it as a souvenir, and it gave me so much joy. My family members thought it was hilarious because they didn't get why I was so excited which made the duck, even more popular and fun with us.  Im so glad that the carnival cruise line gets it. Some things just add to the magic of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

@Pelbers Wow, you really quacked me up! Most guests love the idea of cute little ducks hidden around cruise ships. I hope they never get prohibited onboard. My kids absolutely love them, and anyone who comes across a cruising duck surely can't help but smile.

@Bremacon I'm so glad you have enjoyed the rubber ducks too! It's such good clean fun, and I really see no harm in it. As long as there isn't an issue of safety involved, I think the duck trend should continue.

@aemarle I completely agree! If you don't want to participate in the fun, you certainly don't have to. For the most part, guests usually love them. 

CCL Ambassador John Heald addressed the whole banning of the ducks, to which has stated the CCL has NO intention to ban or remove the ducks from the CCL cruise ships.  

I for one am a full supporter of Donald and Donald juniors being hidden about the ship.  I don't intentionally go out seeking them but I do stumble across 1 per cruise and it puts a huge smile on my face each time....and I'm a grown adult, what more for kids.

• Like 1

@euroguy That's right! CCL Ambassador John Heald is all about keeping the fun alive. Most guests are thrilled to learn that CCL isn't following the discouraging of ducks. I feel the exact same way! I love to find the rubber ducks all around the ship, and it's always fun to re-hide them. I highly doubt this fun will get out of hand either. It's a simple initiative to spread happiness, and those who don't like it can just keep moving on. I hope no one ruins the duck, duck, fun onboard. Throwing them into the ocean is no good, but I think that should be obvious. Cruisers should already know not to pollute the ocean.