When does a cruise ship become to large?

11 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@euroguy Your personal assistant really get's it done! I'mm impressed, and slightly jealous, at how good CCL is to you, but I can only imagine you deserve it. You are extremely loyal to the cruise line, and rightfully so! You are an awesome cruise guest to have onboard any ship. Also I have never seen more than like five offers at a time through CCL. The offers aren't anything out of this world either! I guess I need to prove my worth to the line!

@FJB Those are somme really lovely and unforgettable ports, so different than the traditional Caribbean ports. What did you think of these first-time stops for you? Which one was your favorite?  I absolutely loved Antigua when I visited. I look forward to returning soon. 

Too much traffic in St Lucia for me.  We liked Tobago and Antigua was beautiful.  

• Thanks 1

@FJB Did you tender at St. Lucia? Were there many ships docked at the port that day? Based on what you are saying, it seems St. Lucia isn't doing a great job at managing an influx of cruises guests visiting all at once. Many Caribbean itineraries don't stop there and it could be due to its limited capacity. I'm going to have to learn more about that port. 

6 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB Did you tender at St. Lucia? Were there many ships docked at the port that day? Based on what you are saying, it seems St. Lucia isn't doing a great job at managing an influx of cruises guests visiting all at once. Many Caribbean itineraries don't stop there and it could be due to its limited capacity. I'm going to have to learn more about that port. 

No tendering - docked.  There were 2 smaller ships in port that day.  I don’t attribute the traffic to the cruise ships but just local traffic and bad roads.  

• Thanks 1

@FJB That's good to know. It means guests should plan accordingly and ensure they have plenty of travel time to get back to the port without rushing prior to departure. I did a bit of research on the island and found out it is a volcanic island! I would love to see a volcano face to face but I'm not sure how safe they are in St. Lucia (or anywhere for that matter). Have you explored a volcanic region before? With the bad traffic in mind, I likely would not rent a vehicle while there. It sounds like it would just be a headache trying to navigate the island.

@FJB Is Lanzarote in the Canary Islands a dormant volcano? I have seen some very scary films recently after teaching my children about volcanoes, and I wouldn't want to visit one knowing it could potentially erupt at any given moment. I'm assuming if guests are allowed to explore the area, it isn't a threat. I didn't realize how many there are in the United States! I thought most of them were far from the States, but after watching a film on Mt. Saint Helen, I realized how catastrophic volcanoes can be so close to home!