NCL shows cutback???

I am noticing that there is only 1 big production show per ship now?  Choir of Man is the only show listed for my upcoming cruise.  We've already seen that show on a previous cruise and it really wasn't to our liking.  Now we don't even get a second option?  Are other cruise lines doing this too?  Thinking that maybe we need to explore another cruise line.

• Confused 1

@Clay31 I haven't heard of any other cruise lines doing this. I'm used to going to the theatre for a show every night of the cruise itinerary. That's a pretty big cutback for NCL. How long is your itinerary? Maybe more options will come about once the embarkation date approaches. What ship will you be on? I can't believe you only have one theatre option. I'm hoping this is just a glitch! How many options did you have on your last cruise? Which cruise lines have you enjoyed in the past? NCL has been doing a significant amount of cutbacks and changes lately. At least NCL's American Dinner will become a completely complementary location soon! That's a nice addition considering the cutbacks.

• 1 month later...

It's true and not a glitch. I just got back from a 7 day cruise aboard the Encore and miss the days on NCL cruises with "Legally Blonde", "Jersey Boys" , even "Burn the Floor". Now it was Choir of Men and a Beatles tribute band. Not terrible, but noticeably different and not as good.  NCL is clearly cutting back. 

• Thanks 1

@Lou Thanks for sharing your recent experience onboard Norwegian Encore. It's nice that the line is "switching it up," but clearly these changes aren't crowd pleasers. Based on what @Clay31 stated, there was only one theatre production for the duration of the sailing. I think that's not enough for a 7-day itinerary. I hope NCL is just in a transitional phase of adding bigger and better shows to its production line. Otherwise, this is an evident disappointment. Clearly I'm trying to give NCL the benefit of the doubt, but a cruise without entertainment is certainly a bore!