Any Norwegian ships equipped with Starlink service

@3Sisters Precisely. When people say to me what goes around, comes around - I've never believed in that saying. Coming from my own experiences, I believe there are two types of people in the world: one that does nothing and gets everything, and the other that does everything and gets nothing. And what I mean by that, is that one can do all the work, and all they get is the brunt of it, and extra workload because it's now expected of them. And the ones who don't do any work at all, are the ones who get the praise and no concerns. It's a frustrating world.

• Like 1

@LukeJ Isn't it crazy life works that way? I mean it's surely unfair for those that work so hard. Life can be so unpredictable. Sometimes you have to remove yourself from oppressive or unhealthy environments to really see yourself shine. There are times where I have thought I was in an ideal work situation or friendship when really it was so far from the truth. Then you end that friendship or remove yourself from that environment and everything changes. People and places have a huge impact on our successes and failures. What is all boils down to is if you hold your integrity, try your best, and always put in optimal effort you will reap those rewards and hold true to your personal standards. You should never let other people's lower standards impact yours. 

@3Sisters I agree, and it's sad when you think of it in those terms. And it's unjustified when you think that you have friends but that's the furthest from the truth. I read that people only have a handful of true friends in their lives. The older you get, these words have never been truer. It all depends on as you say whether we allow everyone else to make or break you.

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ Having a few good friends is better than having a bunch! It's hard to find really good, true connections in life. You don't need a big group of friends. Usually there are only really one or two of them in a group that truly have your best interest at heart. That's why, loosing the social media connect while cruising id better. You can take the time to focus on you and those loves ones you are cruising with rather than getting distracted by meaningless interaction. Being present if the best way to be, and I have to admit that doesn't happen often for me! I'm always distracted by something. The only way I can get away is on a cruise.

@3Sisters I know a lot of people, but these are mainly acquaintances not friends. It's sounds harsh that they are not friends when you write it down, but I'd never tell them anything personal. I'd never invite them to a private dinner. The ones i would is a small circle of people that you can trust and count on, and be the first people you go to if you're in trouble. 

• Like 1

@LukeJ That's really fair. When you are younger you are more trusting and open, but as you get wiser your realize keeping most things to yourself is best. I wish more people were trustworthy. It's hard to find a friend you can trust. Sometimes you can't trust family members either. Those true friends are the ones you want to cruise with! I have always had the best time cruising with those I'm most comfortable with. The perfect person to cruise with is one who is flexible. I have had some travel experiences ruined because of stubbornness or lack of flexibility. It drives me crazy to cruise with someone who really just wants to do their own thing and only does what works for them instead of the betterment of the group. It's perfectly fine to be that type of cruiser, but it not fair to travel in a group at that point. It's better just to cruise solo! 

@3Sisters unfortunately it's just the way the world is. If you have a trusted friend that will have your back and so anything for you, then you truly are lucky to have someone like that in your life. You should hold on to them and be thankful that this person(s) hold you in such regard, they will protect you. That's true friendship. The others, speaking from experience, will just stab you in the back at any given opportunity. These are the ones that you step aside from. Don't mind going for a drink or have a chat if we bump into each other, but as for close friendship, then that's another thing whatsoever.

• Like 1

@LukeJ Cruising with a true friend is the best! It's even better when that friend is in the same stage of life you are in. My friends with same aged kids are much easier to hang out with during the stage of life I'm in. The kids can entertain one another and then the grown ups can spend time together uninterrupted. It's not worth it to invest in a mediocre friendship. I wouldn't cruise with a mediocre person! Would you?

• Like 1

@3Sisters personally no I wouldn't. I'd prefer to sail on my own if that's the case. There is something special as you state going away with a close friend. A true bond, understanding and a compromise. A mediocre friend would end in arguments I fear, and resentment towards the vacation is something you wouldn't want to be part of. 

• Like 1

@LukeJ It sounds like we agree! Also, going on a friendly cruise line is important. For the most part, CCL is notorious for having the most friendly cruise line. The line is also notorious for having a great crew culture and benefits for its crew, dominating in women in the cruise line work environment category. The line really knows how to have a good time. This is why a party scene is often attracted to the line. Because it's all about a good time. What is your preferred cruise line? I happen to love the line for bachelor/bachelorette/celebration cruises while cruising with friends. If not cruising with friends, I prefer other more family-oriented cruise lines. 

I've ever only sailed on two cruise lines, and that is P&O, and NCL. Both have beautiful ships in my opinion, and I love the look of them and happy to continue sailing with them because we know what they are all about. I'd be happy to try out other cruise lines but it all depends on where we plan to travel to really. I've never cruised with a friend but have gone on vacation before with them, so I'm confident that a vacation onboard would be a success.

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ Those are two lines I haven't cruised with in the past! If you had to pick between the two, which would you recommend? I would likely end up trying NCL before P&O Cruises because of options departing from the US. I haven't heard great things about NCL, but I would love to hear from your perspective what attracts you to cruise with them. Do they have unlimited free ice cream like some other cruise lines out there? That's one thing I think that's lacking for MSC Cruises. The fact that gelato costs too much onboard is a little annoying. I savor the scoop I get in the MDR after dinner because it's that good!

I do prefer P&O. I think as a ship, it looks far sleeker and more posh than NCl in my opinion. There is no need to dress up with NCL, and with P&O there are black tie evenings, which I love. I think it's important if you're spending that much money, then there is an opportunity to really go out and dress up smartly. I love the purpose of doing that because I don't get any chances to do that in any other time of my life. 

• Like 1

@LukeJ I didn't realize P&O Cruises is more high end. I'm glad you gave me that perspective. Do you find the service to be higher quality on P&O Cruises? I love a good formal night. It's something that's really lacking for most US-based cruise lines. Dressing up for the photos is really nice too! I love all of the evening photo opportunities onboard while cruising. Oftentimes I feel out of place dressing up in an evening gown because I'm about the only one who participates in formal nights anymore. I live a low profile life too so opportunities to dress up in high fashion are scarce! That's a great point. Thanks for your opinion. Based on your feedback I would book P&O Cruises next versus NCL.

@LukeJ I appreciate that. I will begin looking at deals on the line's site. When have you noticed the best deals? Does the line do good pricing for children? Lately I have been cruising with MSC Cruises because the children cruise "free". It makes the line stand out in my opinion since I cruise with my children. Have you considered cruising with MSC? I noticed there was an extra spending promo online for P&O Cruises, but I doubt that's the best offer the line offers. 

• Like 1

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm not sure if they do that many good deals. I'm sure they do some deals as the season goes on, like every company and their marketing strategy. I would like to sail with MSC as their ships look beautiful.

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ I'm surprised you haven't noticed any good prices. Maybe during wave season I could catch something decent. Have you ever booked a cruise during wave season? It's supposed to be a time when most cruise lines come out with good cruise discounts and offers, and many cruisers like to take advantage of those prices. I can't recommend MSC Cruises enough. For the price point, it's such a great line. I find a great mix of guests of all ages and nationalities. It's pretty on point for my family, and I would say the only thing the line could improve on its loyalty perks. There could be better perks for the top tier loyalty guests like myself. I would love some free laundry service thrown into that!

image.thumb.png.89d5a6d63023b0e1225891649b0161bc.png

• Like 1

I tend to leave any vacation planning to my wife or my in laws. My job is to really stay out of the way when these things are booked, and when packing the suitcases are involved. I know my place and it gives me the opportunity to continue with other things rather than getting under everyone's feet. 

• Like 1

@LukeJ It's impressive you are able to let your in laws lead the way. My husband wouldn't let that fly, especially if he's paying for it. Sometimes I wish he would be more flexible, but he definitely prefers a cruise with our immediate family. I guess you are more relaxed and go with the flow. Maybe that will come for my husband with maturity and age! He's still gaining patience and flexibility. There is something to be said about being able to let your wife be in charge of vacations. I typically book my Caribbean cruises and he's fine with it. It's more when my mom calls the shots that he gets annoyed. 

No I can understand the way your husband thinks. I too used to be a little annoyed, but when it comes to vacations, i do tend to go with the flow. I'm relaxed on holidays so happy to walk behind while everyone plans and decides where to go, it really makes no difference to me. As long as they are happy, they will leave me alone, and that's all I want while on vacation. I get harassed enough when at home, so if they are busy arranging and concentrating on tasks at hand, then I'm not even thought about, and so I get my little peaceful retreat of my own.

• Like 1

@LukeJ I'm glad you can relate. I guess I get frustrated by my in laws too, although they aren't bad. The idea on vacation is to sit back and relax. It sounds like for you, that begins with the planning process! I think it's a great way to be and look at vacationing. Hopefully they still give you liberty to choose what you want to do during the day and give you time to decompress. That's very important for my husband. He likes lots of time to sit and do nothing. I really value that too! He just comes from a slower paced family. My family is nonstop, hyperactive style. 

• Like 1

Yes my life is hectic and I do like to keep myself busy, as I get easily bored. When I'm on vacation, everyone tells me just try to relax so I do. It's beautiful just watching the world go by, and going with the flow. I've never been one for planning while on vacation, the wife and the in laws will have to plan every day and every hour what to do, I don't understand that, just go where the wind takes you is my thinking.

@LukeJ Thanks for sharing your opinion. I would love to try P&O Cruises one day out of Europe. It's so unfortunate that they don't cruise out of the US. That's truly the only reason I haven't explored the line. What are some of your favorite amenities with this line? Have you enjoyed the programming onboard? Is ice cream unlimited and included onboard?

image.thumb.png.fd3a4b4c2edfe80b58f5ea88b250dacf.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@3Sisters it is difficult to state really on what your favourite thing onboard is because everything was so great. I loved absolutely everything on a P&O. On our vacation, we had a balcony which is incredible if you're ever visiting countries that sell their views. I took the most beautiful of photographs from just standing on the balcony, ones that I would never have had otherwise.

DSC_0573.JPG

• Thanks 1