Any Norwegian ships equipped with Starlink service

@Patricia cory Some NCL ships should already have Starlink available to guests. The rollout was supposed to begin in April of last year. I haven't seen any official remarks about it onboard any fleet members, but the testing process has been long underway. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-testing-starlink-for-all-three-cruise-lines/98106

A recent NCL cruise guest may be able to confirm an individual ship's rollout.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been told they all their ships have Starlink…however the basic “unlimited” package I bought throttles your speed to 3Mbs max (the internet desk told me.)  Not what I’m used to at home for sure…very slow to load any site with images (e.g. Apple News).   Thought you might like to know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AftBalconyPlease I know all of the ships should have it onboard by now, but it certainly shouldn't be that slow! What package should you purchased, instead of unlimited, to get faster speed? I was used to images not loading with the old internet service provided. The purpose of Starlink was to make it faster! I have trouble believing that this service you received was Starlink due to the speed. Loading images is a basic thing! Which ship were you on when you experienced such internet speed?

I've actually been curious about the same thing. I haven't come across any specific information about Norwegian ships using Starlink, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are.I keep an eye on cruises from Whittier, and I've noticed that the industry is always looking for ways to improve connectivity for passengers and crew. Starlink's high-speed internet could be a game-changer for ships that need reliable and fast internet access while out at sea.If you're really interested, you might want to check with some Norwegian cruise companies directly or look out for any announcements regarding their use of Starlink.

Edited by ConnorWood
  • Like 1

@ConnorWood I haven't seen an official release yet stating all NCL ships have Starlink onboard, but the roll out should be complete by now. The Starlink service is a game changer, particularly for the crew! The crew members deserve faster speed internet to connect with family and friends abroad. Crew members have to typically pay for their own wifi service to connect with their loved ones. To me, that service should be included for all crew members. Let's not forget these hard-working individuals are isolated from their family and friends to work and primarily send money back home to their families. This job is trying emotionally, and often physically too. It's very important for the crew's sanity to engage with their loved ones regularly. NCL customer service may be able to confirm or deny the Starlink rollout onboard all of it's ships, but for the most part I have read majority of NCL ships are offering it onboard now. 

image.thumb.png.632ed6f9e95b1fa64f40d06069d000e0.png