Animal print clothing

@Gainer I have never heard of ports of call prohibiting animal print! This is news to me. I think animal print clothing is totally fine as long as it isn't too revealing to the point of indecency. I love animal print! 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/24/chessington-world-of-adventures-safari-park-dress-code

Unless you are in a situation like this, I don't see an issue with this attire. I know camouflage can be in question, but it's pretty rare that ports of call won't allow it.  

also never heard of bans on animal print clothing.  Camouflage banned by some countries.    now if we are talking appropriate the opinions will vary.  for me animal prints are never appropriate, i would not wear them don't own them, don't like them.

@Gainer You should be fine in animal print! You could always double-check with RCL to make sure. Keep me posted if you find any other details. If you don't feel comfortable with it, don't wear it, but if anything you could always wear it onboard! I have seen many cruise guests rocking animal prints out by the pool. Don't forget when the super-sized pandas were installed onboard Ovation of the Seas! Animals and their prints are accepted onboard. 

image.thumb.png.16fba0a7802656ea7d0f060a3a0762e7.png

I was about to ask whether ports were getting fussy on what guests are wearing these days after reading that. Why would they even contemplate banning them, or is it because there is a dressing code to adhere to when it comes to the evenings.

@LukeJ I think as long as your body parts aren't too exposed, cruise lines are pretty open-minded with wardrobe. If you are wearing a bikini in the indoor buffet line, you may get pulled to the side, but for the most part, anything goes. Of course, in the MDR you should try and look halfway decent. It is a white tablecloth dining experience! Pajamas in the MDR shouldn't be a thing either. I find this all common sense really. I think pajamas are just for sleeping. I thought everyone agreed with that, but you will catch lots of guests in pajamas at the buffet. 

@Cruising Caribbean thanks for clearing that up, thought I was missing something and a strict dress code was now put in place. I totally agree pajamas should purely remain in the home. The amount of people I witness wearing pajamas who go to shops or take their children to school really bugs me. I wish they would take some pride and dignity and dress accordingly.

• Like 1

@LukeJ There is no strict dress code on the cruise lines I go on! I do enjoy dressing up for dinner and looking my best. It's nice to be dressed in how I feel. If I feel most casual, an evening at the buffet is a nice option! Typically, I want to dress up since I'm not actually doing the cooking on vacation. I'm usually the one cooking for my family day in and out,  so I find getting dressed up to be served for dinner as a super reward! I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered about the pajamas. There is a difference between loungewear and pajamas. Comfy clothes are fine, but I don't see the motivation behind wearing the clothes you sleep in out in public. Those are for resting and should stay clean! Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. 

It's not old fashioned, it's just about taking some pride on yourself. That's what's wrong in the world these days, nobody cares, people's attitudes are just wrong. Why people think it's weak that you decide to dress tidy is beyond me. The scruffy homewear is fine for the home, but there is certainly nothing wrong with wanting to look and feel good about yourself, and has nothing to do with vanity.

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ I do try to take a little pride in how I look. It's good for me and everyone around me really. If you look your best, you feel your best. I know it's trendy to be natural and be yourself. I'm all for that, but there is a level of putting your best foot forward that resonates with me. Vanity is all in the eyes of the beholder. Getting yourself cleaned up and looking fresh is important. There are obviously exceptions like running to Home Depot in the middle of a project, but still taking a shower when you get up is a plus. I grew up with a mom who used to shower before the gym every day. I thought she was crazy, but she always told me "No one wants to smell a sweaty person." She believed in a clean sweaty smell. It was noble of her to say, but I never took to that. I shower after my workout. Hopefully my deodorant and detergent hold me through the workout without my scent knocking anyone out. 

@Cruising Caribbean your mother is a wise woman. And I agree with what you're saying. Vanity is in the eyes of the beholder, and I'm also a big believer that if you look good, you feel good, and is a big plus with mental health if you start thinking a little more positive about things. It doesn't have to be big changes, just small steps does wonders for self esteem.

• Thanks 1

@LukeJ That's spot on! It's almost like a huge key to mental health. How can you barely take care of yourself and feel happy about yourself? It's a counteractive statement. If you prioritize your appearance and well-being, it will show in your character. If you are struggling to feel confident and happy in your skin, taking care of yourself is a really good start. Sometimes it's as simple as treating yourself to a massage or a new hair gel that makes a big impact. Your mood can be a reflection of how you appear and vice-versa. If my appearance is rough, I'm likely feeling it. Like the other day, I was running a fever but still had to take my kids to karate. I showed up, looking rough, but I felt rough so I was hoping no one would approach me. Unfortunately, everyone approached me to chat and asked if I was ok because of my bare face. Maybe next time I need to skip the deodorant if I want others to stay away!

Like moths to a flame that scenario. You know if you look your worst and want nobody to approach you, they suddenly get drawn from far and wide. It really is a fickle thing the mind really. Just the way you think has a massive effect. I sometimes remind myself of that if I'm feeling low, and force myself to think of the positivity, and make myself put effort into something, such as best clothes, and surprised that my mood has shifted.

@Gainer Were you able to confirm that you can cruise with your animal print clothing? If it makes you feel good, you should wear it! Like @LukeJ putting your best foot forward is a great way to be. Unless you are on a safari, you should be in the clear. When is your upcoming RCL cruise? You must be excited for it!