Cruise Hive Boards

Looking for Current Info on Tobago

Has anyone been to Tobago recently?  I’m going for the 1st time in February and from what I’ve read on that critical cruisin website, there is not a lot of recent info on Tobago and the little bit that people are saying doesn’t paint the port in a good light.  Sounds like some crime and safety issues.   If you have been recently or know someone who has, please share.  

• Like 1

@FJB Based on recent crime levels, I don't think it's the safest destination right now, unfortunately. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/trinidad-and-tobago-travel-advisory.html

I haven't noticed many cruise lines offering that port of call lately, and it's likely due to these advisories. Tobago is such a lovely place to visit. It's very unfortunate the crime levels are the way they are right now. Does your upcoming itinerary stop here?