HAVEN not worth the higher price!

For the first time we paid more for a Haven Penthouse suite when we cruised in late November on Getaway.

Our cabin was SO noisy that several nights I had to sleep downstairs in the atrium (a public entertainment space) on a CHAIR! From that…I suffered with a stiff neck and back pain!  Guest services said the ship was fully booked and we couldn’t get a different cabin. We had a room right in front of the ship and had metal hooks that held some covering banging against the boat..:and doors slamming that weren’t shut properly…and the waves hit right at us…a HUGE bang every few minutes AND the outside staff area was right below our porthole window! ALL these things combined RUINED the trip for us as we never got ANY sleep!! Bringing it to the cruise directors attention also did NOTHING. A total nightmare! We had cruised with Norwegian a couple of times before but the lack of caring whether or not we were able to reasonably do this cruise leaves a very sour taste. We paid over $15k…and honestly it wasn’t worth a penny! I have audio recordings of the noises…if anyone wants to hear it…msg me.

• Thanks 1

@Colleen ONeill That's just awful! The Haven Penthouses suites are known to be very expensive, providing guests with an over-the-top cruise experience. Why would the ship have its Haven Penthouse suites located above a noisy area? That just makes no sense to me. This no-sleep experience is almost as bad as catching a stomach bug onboard your cruise. I can't believe you ended up sleeping in a chair in the atrium as a Haven Penthouse guest. The ship couldn't even offer an interior room? Future NCL Getaway guests should be warned about this noisy stateroom. The cost you pay for this experience should be an unforgettable and flawless experience. A sleepless nightmare is what the cruise ended up being for you guys! NCL's customer service has significantly declined. It's such a shame. Have you cruised with any other cruise lines?