Digital Disembark

I'm so thrilled about this new disembarkation procedure rolling out for the CCL fleet. I would hope that other cruise lines follow suit as the soft launch of this process has been a true success already. Disembarkation can be a lengthy and annoying process. A simplified version is going to make the going-home process so much better! Has anyone had the opportunity to use this new disembarkation procedure? For those that have used it, how much time does it save off of the traditional CCL disembarkation process?

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to use this digital disembark but the system sounds amazing. I'm all about saving time and energy. Being more efficient with disembarkation for a priority for every cruise line. The process, particularly for embarkation, can be super hectic, and there has to be a better way. The fact that this process doesn't cost any more money is even more amazing. I have a feeling everyone will have the opportunity to enjoy this "free perk" for a few months, and then the line will transition to having guests pay for the service. It's a way for the cruise line to hype up the service and allow guests to fall in love. Then, the guests fall in love with the process and are willing to pay to do it again. We will see if my theory proves correct in the coming months. 

• 2 weeks later...

This new CCL disembarkation feature will certainly take off! That's a really interesting thought about the service coming with a fee. It likely will cost some extra cash after its soft launch is over. Guests are going to fall in love with the feature; they already are! I wish more cruise lines offered a service like this. Waiting in long lines is not my thing. The disembarkation process always feels like hearing cattle. A simplified process is long overdue. It shouldn't be as stressful as it usually is! 

@euroguy Since you are a platinum guest, it's hard for me to believe the disembarkation process could get any better. It's always worth an ask, but the perks of being a VIFP Platinum guest will likely outweigh those of the new process. I love that CCL prioritizes you based on your flight time. I have yet to experience such a priority! I always despise the disembarkation process. I'm always salty I have to go back to cooking my own food, so my attitude isn't always the best. Not to mention I go home with loads of laundry to do! It's a rude awakening back to reality. 

Yeah I hear you about a dose of reality on disembarkation. I have to admit CCL dose treat me well I always make my flights and one of my perks is free laundry which is super.

Last time they had a private waiting area with coffee juices and pastries while we waited. Which just rubbed salt in the wound of leaving the ship 😂

You're not Platinum??

• Like 1

@euroguy The perks you earn from CCL almost make me jealous! It definitely pays off to remain loyal to one cruise line! Where was this private waiting area? I wish I was a Platinum member. You are making me rethink my loyalty to the line. I have been an avid cruise hopper lately, going with the best itinerary/rates for my family. How many cruises did you take to achieve Platinum status? I know you are supposed to be so close to Diamond! 

@Cruising Caribbean we waited in one of the lounges and had coffee juices and pastries waiting for us. 

I've had a lot of people suggest for me to explore other lines and it has crossed my mind multiple times however the perks and rates that I am receiving makes it very difficult. Also most lines are going to same locations as CCL so main Dorrance would be ships, but CCL has so many different ships.

Some of the main perks I really like are 1. priority boarding with a VIP waiting lounges (depending on port for vip lounges) but always a different area than other cruisers 2. priority debarkation for tenders and end of cruise,  3. FREE drinks everywhere on the ship which includes all alcohol and non alcohol drinks (pretty much anything you can order I get free)  4. FREE Laundry service, priority restaurant reservations (specialty and MDR) 5. Special line at Guest Services Desk. I've seen 20 ppl deep in standard line and I can walk right up and handle whatever i need (huge time saver). 6. My own personal CCL assistant with a direct phone line to her (worth the weight in gold) 7. Ship staff that see my sail and sign card seem to step up and be more helpful and nicer. The list could go on.

Regarding my rates well it's pretty hard to beat $100 or free balcony cabins (even though traveling solo - dbl occupancy) all I pay for is port taxes, gratuity, insurance. Insurance is minimal cost. Example $300 for balcony cabin $200 ship credit, balance owed $100. Insurance is based on cabin fee, so on 300 cabin insurance is $49.

As for how long to get to Platinum, you become Platinum at 75 days of cruising with CCL. Another nice thing with CCL is if you will reach the 75 days during your cruise CCL will count you as Platinum on that whole cruise.

The long and short of all this I do believe being loyal to a cruise line is worth it in the long run but one really needs to explore what the perks are on each line at what level and how hard it is to get to each level. I do know cruise lines are constantly adjusting there loyalty programs but usually grandfather your current loyalty level so better to reach one of the upper levels asap. It's been about 10 years since CCL made the last change so thwy are probably getting close to making a change. 

How many cruises days do you have with CCL? Do you have upper level loyalty level with any other cruise line? How are your loyalty perks?

Edited by euroguy
  • Like 1

@euroguy That's really fair to say! If I was in your shoes I don't think I would venture you either. You have a really good thing going with CCL. Priority boarding plus a lounge is awesome! I haven't gotten to a cruise status like that with any cruise line, but I'm getting very close with MSC Cruises. The biggest issue I face with them is the perks in general. They just aren't that great. I would venture to say at some point MSC Cruises is going to enhance its loyalty perks to mimic those of its competitors. RCL has a great loyalty program too that runs very competitively to CCL. Free drinks all over the ship just tie it all together. It's the icing on the cake. You won't find that anywhere really. Free laundry service is another huge perk that's hard to beat. If any cruise line dedicated a personal assistant to me, I would be all in. If they are willing to invest in me like that, then I'm willing to invest that in them. All of these perk are making me jealous! I wonder if I will ever get anything close to all of that. I don't have more than 30-40 cruise days with CCL, but I haven't double-checked in such a long time. I have more days with RCL and definitely with MSC Cruises. I'm Gold with MSC Cruises and only a few cruises away from Diamond.