Cruise Hive Boards

Playa Mia in Cozumel

I will be cruising in February, stopping in Cozumel. I'm looking for an easy excursion to do with a medium-sized group that is good for all ages. I have gone to Playa Mia before, and it was really enjoyable for us, but I would prefer to try something new on this cruise. Does anyone have any other all-inclusive-style beach break options in Cozumel they would recommend? If there are food options included in the stop that would be a bonus!

@Kendall James-Vargas  I'm not sure this place would be what you are looking for, but we have enjoyed the last couple of times we were in Cozumel, going to the Del Mar Latino Beach Club.  The all-day pass is very reasonable and includes drinks and food and the use of the facilities, including wi-fi.  The staff are always very friendly and helpful.  It's a small club, so not crazy crowded and noisy like many of the beach clubs you see along the coast.  It's an easy 15-20 minute walk from the port.  It's a hang-out for locals as well, so you meet some interesting people without all of the crowds.  It overlooks the water and cruise ships.

On the down side, we noticed the last time that some of the facilities were showing some definite wear and tear, and for example the lounge cushions were not being very well kept cleaned from dirt, debris, and such.  I think they were still struggling after the pandemic.  But, for the price, it really can't be beat.  We just brought big beach towels and covered up the chairs and it was fine for a nice quiet day.  Get there when it opens if at all possible to get a good location.  It may not work for a group though since they limit capacity.

But, something to ponder.  We enjoy it but your mileage may vary.  😉

• Thanks 1

@RoadTravelled I'm so thankful for these recommendations! I love that this beach club is walkable. That is a huge bonus for our crew. I went on the website and there was a pop-up that notifies guests about the upcoming increase. I still have time to snag the $39 pp rate if I book before December 25th. That means I have 13 days to pitch it to my crew and get it at this rate!

As I started scrolling I noticed this is an adults-only facility. That may be a deal breaker for our family crew, but the price and location are so perfect. It's only 1/3 of a mile from the pier! I'm disappointed it's adults-only. 

@FJB I believe Mr. Sanchos is child-friendly! It's a bit of a drive, 15 minutes it seems, but we could make that work. I'm interested to hear more about the food and drink. For those prices, it's hard to believe the all-you-can-eat food is top-notch. It seems like a great deal, and they have an aqua park which looks pretty awesome. We would be open to doing a cabana too. I didn't see an area for reserving ahead of time. Is that something you do when you arrive, and what is the cost/capacity? 

• 1 month later...

I am currently in Cozumel for an extended stay 

if your group includes kids, Paradise Beach is a good choice. 
if you are all adults, I highly recommend Nachi Cocum. Out of the beach resorts we’ve gone to, this remains our favorite. Nice beach (not rocky) great service and really good food. 
Nachi needs to be booked in advance as they fill up quickly, limiting guest number to 130. You can book online. They’ll ask for a minimal deposit.

you can easily get a cab from the cruise port to either PB or NC

i’ve also been to Del Mar Latino. It’s less expensive but the pool is small and there is no beach, but you can get into the ocean (via slippery steps). 

• Thanks 1

@Sunsets Thanks for sharing all of this insight! How are you enjoying Cozumel thus far? I wish I saw Paradise Beach earlier! Last week my group just decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Playa Mia excursion to keep is simple. Since it's been purchased we are stuck with it now. I wish I could have tried something new this go, but I would imagine this is our last time doing Playa Mia. We did it more for the kids than anything. What brought you to Cozumel for an extended stay? I have only been during a port of call cruise stop. I wish I could have had more time to explore.