Cruise Hive Boards

Cruise points not registered from cruise 1995

I just have a question regarding my cruise with Celebrity back in 1995. I recently was looking at going back on a Celebrity ship. I went on their site under my name and it said I had 0 cruises. When I was on the Celebrity Century 7 days to Cozumel, Ochos Rios  and Key West can't remember if there was another stop. I also went to Disney and Royal and both have all my cruises including the very earlier ones. I  called and they said I can send a photo which I am looking for now and email it to them and they will add it to my sailing account. Just was wondering why it didn't show up from Celebrity. I will still try another Celebrity ship as I had a great time and the Food was delicious . Just inquiring,  Not a complaint.  Thank you  Yvette 

• Like 1

Hi @Yvette Ealy! I really think the reason why that particular cruise is not showing up in your account is due to it being from 1995. The cruise may have not synced to your account or rolled over since it was so long ago. Also in 1995, the line's booking systems were very different. Your next cruise with Celebrity Cruises should certainly show up in your account since everything is all accounted for online. I hope you are able to find that photo and sync the information! Keep us posted on the results. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yvette Ealy said:

I just have a question regarding my cruise with Celebrity back in 1995. I recently was looking at going back on a Celebrity ship. I went on their site under my name and it said I had 0 cruises. When I was on the Celebrity Century 7 days to Cozumel, Ochos Rios  and Key West can't remember if there was another stop. I also went to Disney and Royal and both have all my cruises including the very earlier ones. I  called and they said I can send a photo which I am looking for now and email it to them and they will add it to my sailing account. Just was wondering why it didn't show up from Celebrity. I will still try another Celebrity ship as I had a great time and the Food was delicious . Just inquiring,  Not a complaint.  Thank you  Yvette 

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Century in February 1997.  We went to Ochoa Rios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Key West.  This cruise does show up in our portfolio of cruises with Celebrity, but it’s probably because our second cruise with them was in 2000 on the Mercury followed by 15 more cruises with Celebrity since then. I’m guessing yours is not showing up because of the timespan between cruises, and during the early days, you were not automatically enrolled in the frequent rowing programs - you had to make an effort to sign up to become a member with some type of application form,  if I remember correctly.  But at my age, correct memory is….wait what am I doing here?  The train?  Yeah bring me a coke please.  

• Thanks 1

@Yvette Ealy I hope you are able to sync that itinerary to your Celebrity Cruises account. It would be nice to have your extra points accounted for! I think what @FJB said is likely why it isn't showing up. It's probably due to the amount of time that has passed between both cruises. Your memory seems great to me, and if you were to have an issue, you can always go back and look at your epic cruise video memories! I wouldn't be surprised about the physical application process. That was pretty common practice in the 90s.

On 11/29/2023 at 6:39 PM, FJB said:

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Century in February 1997.  We went to Ochoa Rios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Key West.  This cruise does show up in our portfolio of cruises with Celebrity, but it’s probably because our second cruise with them was in 2000 on the Mercury followed by 15 more cruises with Celebrity since then. I’m guessing yours is not showing up because of the timespan between cruises, and during the early days, you were not automatically enrolled in the frequent rowing programs - you had to make an effort to sign up to become a member with some type of application form,  if I remember correctly.  But at my age, correct memory is….wait what am I doing here?  The train?  Yeah bring me a coke please.  

I was signed up on Celebrity 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Woody14 That's so strange you encountered this so similarly to @Yvette Ealy! At least you were given points for that cruise. It would be even nicer if it was someone evident in your account. The application process mimics what @FJB shared.

@Yvette Ealy Please keep us posted on your outcome. At the very least you should have those points added to your account! That's most likely why you would like it synced to your account. Is that correct? 

1 minute ago, 3Sisters said:

@Woody14 That's so strange you encountered this so similarly to @Yvette Ealy! At least you were given points for that cruise. It would be even nicer if it was someone evident in your account. The application process mimics what @FJB shared.

Totally agree, it has never shown up in my past cruises part.   Even weirder is that it shows the number of past cruises in my cruise history but the original sailing on the Mercury does not get counted.  But as I noted I did get some sort of points for it.

• Like 1

@Woody14 I guess there wasn't a great way to keep tabs on everything back in the day. Filing cabinets were so important, but now everything is filed online. That's one not-so-good thing about digitizing everything, the potential loss of items. My husband spilled coffee on his work laptop this week, and his work had to wipe it out entirely. It's just crazy that all of his things saved directly on the laptop are gone without a trace. I believe his work stuff is saved through an alternate channel, but it's such an easy loss. I wonder why Celebrity Cruises isn't willing to just input and correct that information manually. I guess if it isn't done in an automated way, it likely won't get done. At least you got the points, but I wonder if you pushed a bit harder, if the line would change your account information to reflect all of the correct details about your cruise history with the line. 

On 12/7/2023 at 12:30 PM, 3Sisters said:

I wonder if you pushed a bit harder, if the line would change your account information to reflect all of the correct details about your cruise history with the line. 

good question, it has never bugged me enough to worry about it but it might be worth trying.

• Like 1

@Woody14 The next time you end up getting a customer service agent on the phone it may be worth an ask. I guess it really depends on how much it bothers you. This happened to my husband with his loyalty number. The whole loyalty points thing was under multiple accounts and they were never merged properly. Needless to say, his account never reflected his proper sailings and points accrued. To this day all it only shows is his Gold status. It drives him crazy but I'm tired of returning emails with useless responses. His status is there, and almost every time he gets his stateroom key it's the wrong color. It's such a nuisance, but I'm tired of putting energy into it. I have to correct the issue once onboard, waiting in the long customer service line. It's not ideal, but I'm over it.