Cruise Hive Boards

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving coming up I thought it would be fun to come on the boards and share my appreciation! I love being a part of such a cool group of cruisers who adore the industry as much as I do. I'm thankful for the boards and all of the members that contribute to my posts. That being said, what are you most thankful for this year? 

I will go first. I'm most thankful for discovering answers to many health issues I have experienced this year. It's been a truly enlightening year! 

image.thumb.png.5b254a81e92a55446003518a4672f666.png

I am thankful that I got the sewer line unclogged today down at the farm house - took me all day but I got it done.  
I’m also thankful that my brother is bringing me a pint of fresh oysters tomorrow so I can enjoy some fried oysters 🦪 for thanksgiving dinner! 

• Like 1

@FJB I love it! We have to celebrate the little things, or not so little things with your sewer line getting unclogged! Sewer lines are so expensive to repair. It's very impressive you are able to do that yourself. I wouldn't even know where to start. That's a great skill to have. 

How do you typically bread your oysters? Do you deep fry them? I love fried oysters, but I have only had them at restaurants, but I would love to make them at home. I have seen them in the freezer section, but they seem questionable. 

Will you be preparing anything else for Thanksgiving? My family will be smoking a turkey for the first time. Hopefully, it turns out because many people are relying on it! 

Those are all great things to be thankful for! 

@FJB I'm beyond happy you were able to get that sewer line sorted out today, just in the nick of time! It would have ruined your Thanksgiving if it was in the back of your mind the entire time.

I'm most thankful for doing so many firsts this year! I took a lovely Caribbean cruise on the new MSC Seascape and traveled so much more than I expected this year. If I had to guess I think I took about 20 plane rides this year, and the number is likely higher. I have been so blessed with a healthy family and newfound friendships. It's been such a pleasant year, despite the current shower leak incident that still hasn't been repaired. There's always something! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB I love it! We have to celebrate the little things, or not so little things with your sewer line getting unclogged! Sewer lines are so expensive to repair. It's very impressive you are able to do that yourself. I wouldn't even know where to start. That's a great skill to have. 

How do you typically bread your oysters? Do you deep fry them? I love fried oysters, but I have only had them at restaurants, but I would love to make them at home. I have seen them in the freezer section, but they seem questionable. 

Will you be preparing anything else for Thanksgiving? My family will be smoking a turkey for the first time. Hopefully, it turns out because many people are relying on it! 

Cracker meal is the only breading to use! We just fry them in a cast iron pan with some oil.  Not sure I would buy frozen oysters - fresh only. 

• Thanks 1

@FJB That's such a good idea! To be honest I only thought of panko or breadcrumbs as an option. Do you use saltines or Ritz crackers? I would imagine they both would turn out great. I could grind them in my food processor! I also never use my cast iron for frying. I end up baking with mine mostly. Thanks for the tips. I agree fresh has to be best! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.