Behind the Fun tour

We have done this three times on three different ships.  If you’re interested in the inner workings I can definitely recommend.  You see everything from laundry to the bridge.  If you have a an opportunity to do an older ship vs very new, you will see how technology has dramatically improved the cruise.

The visit to the bridge is fantastic.

• Like 2

@thejerseydevil Thanks for the recommendation! I have been very interested in booking this tour, and for a time it wasn't offered. I'm so excited the tour is back in action, and the next time I cruise with CCL I plan to take the behind-the-fun tour. I would love to hear about your visit to the bridge. How long were you able to be there? Which ship were you on when you took your most recent behind-the-fun tour? 

@thejerseydevil @Kendall James-Vargas a number of years ago when I first started with CCL they offered this tour which I did take. It takes you through kitchen crew areas, the main walking deck for crew members called the I-95, went out on the front bow and grand finally the bridge which we met the Captain and got a pic with him. Was very much worth the cost imo. I think back them was about $100

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@thejerseydevil I have been wanting to try this experience! The price isn't too high, but I have yet to book a behind-the-fun tour. You may have just sold me on the idea! I wish I would be able to compare an older with a newer tour, but it's about time I do one. Thanks for the recommendation. 

@euroguy It's so wild to think the cost was only $100 back then! I miss those prices, but it's all relative to inflation in this day and age. The cost of living, particularly food and housing, is just astronomical now. At this point in my life, I'm ready to just grow my own food!

@euroguy I don't think it's getting any better either. Interest rates are expected to go down but the cost of housing will probably become even more inflated when that does happen. It's almost a joke for first-time homebuyers. It is simpler to rent. One of the downsides to renting is the annual contract. You become bound to that location for a year.

Gasoline has finally leveled out near me, but it sometimes goes up to four dollars per gallon. I remember when it hit five dollars per gallon! That was brutal.