Mauna Kea Hilo 4x4 Rental

Upcoming trip to Hilo on NCL.  Where can you rent a 4x4, in Hilo, that will allow you to drive to the summit of Mauna Kea?  I have called many places.  They either can't guarantee a 4x4, don't allow you to drive past the Visitors Information Station, or don't rent 4x4.  Cruise offers and excursion, but at $329.00 a person, that it too expensive for our group. I've even reached out to people in Youtube videos, and can't seem to get a response.

• Like 1

@MrChip You must be looking forward to your cruise to Hilo! Unfortunately, I haven't been to Hilo so I don't have a personal recommendation, but this article has some fun areas to explore while you are there.  https://www.cruisehive.com/things-to-do-in-hilo-hawaii-for-cruise-passengers/33520

The cost of that excursion is a bit steep, and I understand why your group doesn't want to pay those prices, but it may be well worth it. I hope you can find what you are looking for! Keep us posted. 

image.thumb.png.d325a963652c944fa59417194f0295ae.png

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas