Cruise Hive Boards

Best Disney Cruise Line Ship

The Best Disney Cruise Line Ship for the Price  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is the best Disney Cruise Line Ship for the Price?

• Disney Wish
    • Disney Fantasy
    • Disney Dream
    • Disney Magic

I have yet to cruise with DCL, but I'm curious to hear which ships are worth the price. I would prefer to get the full-on Disney experience, but if I can spend a little less on an older ship, I would happily to do that. Disney Treasure sounds amazing, but the prices are so expensive!

https://www.cruisehive.com/disney-cruise-line-unveils-early-2025-voyages/114225

image.thumb.png.312abb2a81c6ef95758f16a4d18ca82d.png

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

the Treasure is not sailing yet (end of 2024)  so it should not be on the list as no-one can really say if it will be worth it or not, and you forgot the Wonder.   But if you are including ships not yet sailing you could add the adventure with will come out at some point in 2025

• Like 1

@Woody14 I noticed that Disney Treasure isn't cruising yet, but it does look amazing. It's just so hard for me to justify the cost of DCL, especially the steep prices of the new ships like Disney Treasure! I intentionally left out Disney Wonder because I noticed it was cruising out of CA, and I would prefer to embark out of Florida for a DCL itinerary. To make it less confusing, I will eliminate Disney Treasure from the poll. Have you cruised on any DCL ships in the past?

I have been on 2 Disney cruises one out of LA - Christmas cruise to the Mexican Riviera and the other out of Port Canaveral to the Caribbean.      There were definitely things I loved about the Disney cruise but would I pay more to go on one now - no, if I had 2 options and they were comparable would I choose the Disney one, even now that my kids are grown, yes I probably would.

For ships I actually enjoyed the older Wonder (Magic is basically the same) to the newer Fantasy (Dream is basically the same).  But I am more about service and quality than the fancy features and bilng.

@Woody14 Thanks for your input here! I appreciate that you have been on a couple of DCL ships and enjoyed them. I guess the DCL experience is all about the magic for the children and not so much for the adults. I'm glad that you enjoyed the older ships because I have found some of the older fleet members to be a bit better priced, depending on the itinerary of course. A short weekend getaway would probably be all we do for the price!