Update of NCL gem Nov 1st

@CiCi I found your itinerary and it looks like a great cruise. Given all the volatility in Israel and the Gaza Strip, it's a safe bet that NCL will not stop at nearby Israel and perhaps Egyptian ports. I'm sure NCL, and all affected cruise lines, are constantly watching the region's events and are working on alternate plans. Hopefully, this current conflict will soon be resolved. 

• Like 1

I'm on the NCL Gem out of Piraeus on November 11.  Not a single word from NCL yet about the obvious itinerary changes as of yet.  Israel is clearly out.  But, no word on either Egypt or the substitute ports.  And, yes, I'm very concerned.  My entire purpose of this particular itinerary was Egypt and Israel.  I've done the Greek isles.

Edited by Nita

I had a similar issue upon the post pandemic restart. We teceived an email regarding Israel shortly before we sailed, but we only found out on board that Turkey was out. Both countries refused to let us in. It became a Greek Isles cruise. Nothing NCL could have done about it.

• Like 1

I am also on the November 1st sailing of the Gem. I am VERY concerned. Although NCL made a statement they would be canceling all Israel ports till year end, I have not heard anything out of NCL either. I have no idea what my new itinerary will be. I'm assuming Egypt will be taken off the itinerary as well. I fear for my personal safety visiting the Middle East right now due to the ongoing war and increased tensions in that region. The situation could quickly escalate at any giving moment. I cannot cancel my cruise without losing 100% of my cruise fare and airfare. NCL will not allow me to cancel this cruise. My trip protection has a war clause. NCL has been completely silent about the whole situation. If you call, you get no answers. I keep being told to wait for an email update. There has been no update. It's been a week. Other cruise lines have updated/changed/cancelled AND informed their passengers. I am at the mercy of NCL for my safety and the thousands of dollars I paid for this cruise. 

I know my cruise is petty in light of the ongoing war. I feel horrible for the tragic loss of life that has happened in that region. I pray the conflict will end without more loss of life. 

• Like 2

@CiCi It's about time NCL lets you know what's going on! Most cruise lines have already notified guests about itinerary changes to this region.

@kefthecruiser That's such a good analysis. I do think you are spot on with the potential itinerary changes. Flying into these regions is another tricky and questionable situation. Thankfully this itinerary cruises out of Greece. 

@Nita I really hope your itinerary doesn't have to shift too much, or you have to visit the same port of call as in a past cruise. Do you think there is potential to visit the Greek Isles instead? I bet there is potential for that.

@Figrod There is nothing NCL can do about what is happening in Israel, but the line could keep guests informed! Guests would feel so much more comfortable if they were in the loop about what is going on with their upcoming vacation plans.

@CruisinEverywhere At this point you are at the mercy of NCL! It's such a bummer you are still in limbo. I really hope NCL gets back to guests this week. The cruise is only a few weeks out! 

https://www.cruisehive.com/which-cruise-lines-have-suspended-operations-in-israel/112874

image.thumb.png.90690c23cadce6b9c65979d2d49940d8.png

I've decided to cruise no matter what.  The insurance does have a "war" exception, and I'm unwilling to lose all of my money.  If we do Egypt, I'll be happy.  If not, I'll blame Murphy's Law and Hamas, and I'll simply try to enjoy a sail across the Med...and the food.  This cruise was bought 50% with FCCs due to a storm that cause us to miss Iceland in May on the Prima.  I think King Neptune is after me. 

• Like 1

@Nita I didn't realize that war exemption wasn't included in the insurance package! I'm glad you shared that information with me. Your cruise will be very relaxing regardless of the destinations and Egypt is certainly an option. The food and the Mediterranean Sea are two large perks! Have you cruised on Norwegian Gem before? 

It's nice you had an FCC, but such a bummer your itineraries keep changing. There are many cruise guests who have a "bad" experience with itineraries that change due to unforeseen circumstances and they get very upset. I love that you continue to cruise with a positive mindset. That's the best way to be! 

@CiCi Here is the update for you! https://www.cruisehive.com/guests-finally-informed-of-norwegian-cruise-adjustment/113871

@CruisinEverywhere & @NitaTwo ports in Greece, Heraklion and Mykonos, have been added to your November 1 Norwegian Gem itinerary. You should also receive a $200 onboard credit per stateroom.

Are you all comfortable with the changes or are you frustrated with the outcome? 

image.thumb.png.722702c8fbf4a88c64ce8ab4f87429d8.png