Cruise Hive Boards

New Zealand

@DJLocker Welcome to the boards! That embarkation date happens to be my mom's birthday. Unfortunately, I won't be cruising New Zealand next year but that itinerary sounds dreamy! Tell me more about your itinerary. Which ports will you be visiting? Will this be your first cruise to NZ?

Princess Cruises has been doing some great penguin conservation work in NZ recently! https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-boosts-penguin-conservation-in-new-zealand/110102

G'Day Kendall,  Appreciate your reply and interest.  To answer your questions; we have driven round NZ twice, once to North Island & second time to South Island.  Intrigued therefore by a cruise route that almost circumnavigated NZ but specifically included the magnificent Fiordland's three Sounds, Milford, Dusky & Doubtful.  Also we haven't been to he tip of North Island, around the Bay of Islands.  This cruise does everything including, Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga & Auckland.  Many cruise lines visit NZ but are shorter and don't cover such a comprehensive 14 day itinerary.  As I always say, NZ has in one place, adventures that it takes a whole world to offer.  Big call but true.  Do you plan a Downunder odyssey?  This will be our 7th cruise having been on 6 others over many years with Cunard (Sylvania), P & O (Oriana & Canberra), Crystal Cruises (formerly Louis Cristal), RCL (Rhapsody of the Seas) & MSC (Orchestra).

• Like 1

@DJLocker You have cruised on so many different cruise lines! That's quite impressive. Unfortunately, I haven't planned a Downunder Odessy before, but I do know about some epic cruise itineraries out of NZ! 

I believe I found your 14-day cruise itinerary embarking out of Sydney, Australia that visits seven different areas in New Zealand. You chose an amazing itinerary. This will be your first time cruising with Princess Cruises, and I bet it won't be your last! Have you booked any excursions yet? There are so many places to explore and amazing adventures to be had at these unique ports of call!