?? Earliest Departure Flight Orlando??

I'm wondering if any one can tell me what the earliest flight departing Orlando Intl after cruise might be.

I know it's about 45 minute ride to airport from pier. I donhave TSA Pre Check which makes things faster but not sure how much of a monster Orlando Intl is and what's realistic departing flight time would be. 

According to CCL the Mardi Gras arrives back in port Canaveral at 7 a.m. on a Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

@SpaceCowboy9 That's great feedback! If there is an accident on the road, expect a minimum of an hour's delay. It's always best to give yourself plenty of time and not feel rushed. It would be super detrimental to miss embarkation! My husband and I almost missed our embarkation time a few months ago due to a rental car facility closure. It was truly our mistake because we didn't check the closure time and it closed early that day, but we had to drop at another facility and incur an expensive Uber charge just to barely make it in time. Next time, we will give ourselves more time.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, euroguy said:

I'm wondering if any one can tell me what the earliest flight departing Orlando Intl after cruise might be.

I know it's about 45 minute ride to airport from pier. I donhave TSA Pre Check which makes things faster but not sure how much of a monster Orlando Intl is and what's realistic departing flight time would be. 

According to CCL the Mardi Gras arrives back in port Canaveral at 7 a.m. on a Saturday.

@euroguy I would concur that a flight before noon would be unwise.  In addition to the time to get to MCO from the port, I can tell you from experience that MCO can really get backed up at security.  It's sometimes just crazy and other times not too bad.  But, better to be there and have to wait at the gate than miss the flight all together.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@euroguy You shouldn't have any issues with the way you have it all setup! This should ensure you have a peaceful transition from the airport to the port without any mishaps. In terms of traffic, not only do you have to be mindful of road traffic, but you also have to be aware of the rocket launch schedule. As a person who used to live near this area, I can tell you rocket launches are such an experience. Take a look at the launch schedules during your cruise timeframe. You never know if you could catch one while you are there. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/port-canaveral-juggling-cruise-ships-and-rocket-launch-conflicts/94823

image.thumb.png.3aa76288e58ead0533c7b3efa727652c.png