Cruise Hive Boards

??? Earliest Departure Flight Orlando ???

euroguy

I'm wondering if any one can tell me what the earliest flight departing Orlando Intl after cruise might be.

I know it's about 45 minute ride to airport from pier. I donhave TSA Pre Check which makes things faster but not sure how much of a monster Orlando Intl is and what's realistic departing flight time would be. 

According to CCL the Mardi Gras arrives back in port Canaveral at 7 a.m. on a Saturday. 

@euroguy Orlando airport can get really busy! I wouldn't get a flight any earlier at 12 p.m. that Saturday, the day of disembarkation. You never know what traffic will be like or how congested the airport may be. You also don't want to feel too rushed, after all, you will still be in vacation mode! The most affordable flights may be a red-eye or late evening flight. There is plenty to do in the surrounding areas if you have some free time. 

@euroguy There are lots of fun areas to explore near Port Canaveral. The most popular beach town is Cocoa Beach, and the Ron Jon surf shop is a fun beachside area to walk around. Of course, if you are into space, Kenedy Space Center is well worth a visit! This article has some other good spots. https://www.cruisehive.com/10-amazing-things-to-do-in-port-canaveral/21128

There are some good portside restaurants too, and the aquarium won't be open by then, but it is going to be a huge attraction near the port! I used to live near the Brevard Zoo and went quite often. I love that zoo but it's about 30 minutes away (further south). 

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2023/03/03/port-canaveral-100-million-aquarium-should-break-ground-by-october-2024-in-brevard-county-florida/69939584007/