Venezia New England and Canada Cruise

I'm guessing CCL is keeping it 'close to the vest' because the path is not truly known. All forecasts are now showing a dramatic turn north and (5 day forecast) Saturday due east of NYC. The big unknown is - how far east? "The cone of uncertainty" in 2 days will be more telling. Also note, it has not started to turn, also 2 more days should set that. JMHO

I agree it doesn't look promising, if I were a betting man, I would bet your cruise will not be the cruise you bought, but there will be a cruise, perhaps delayed.

I'm sure you realize only CCL can answer your question and they're not saying. All the best

• Like 1

@jcordle @kefthecruiser I think a lot goes into cruise operations and of course the cruise lines want to reach port that people booked but storms and hurricans throw a curve ball to them and most like like waiting to see more predictable direction of the storms then have alternative options for ports and which ports have room etc.  Lots of cogs and wheels.  Sometimes waiting until near departures is the only option, which really bites for the cruiser as we have planned for xyz and all of a sudden everything is tossed in the air and uncertainty sets in. 

I'm sorry this is happening but realize their is also many others waiting to know as well, it's not just you. Maybe call CCL and ask for a supervisor and see what if any options that ship maybe looking at so you can have an idea vs. Sitting in the dark wondering...which is no fun and I really dislike as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jcordle said:

I am wondering when we will hear about the Venezia cruise to leave New York on Saturday? It doesn’t look promising and I want to know when Carnival will notify its passengers. 

@jcordle  Yes, it will definitely be a waiting game and a complicated decision on CCL's part as to any itinerary changes needed.  Current conditions seem to suggest a really nice day on Saturday for boarding (assuming the ship has no problem getting back into NYC terminal that morning from Grand Turk due to the storm's impacts).  The forecast right now appears that the storm will be on a track just ahead of our scheduled route.  But, who knows.  Stay tuned.

Make sure, if you haven't already done so, to opt-in to the CCL text messaging alert system.  Text your booking number to 278473 and respond accordingly.  I find that is somewhat faster notice usually than the emails that will follow.  Also, if you follow on [that other site] John Heald's page, he is good about keeping up with changes and letting us know also.

We are headed out tomorrow to spend a few days enjoying NYC.  So, at least we'll get that far.  😉  Good luck to everyone and hope to see you on board on Saturday sailing out of the beautiful harbor by Lady Liberty!

Edited by RoadTravelled
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, RoadTravelled said:

@jcordle  Yes, it will definitely be a waiting game and a complicated decision on CCL's part as to any itinerary changes needed.  Current conditions seem to suggest a really nice day on Saturday for boarding (assuming the ship has no problem getting back into NYC terminal that morning from Grand Turk due to the storm's impacts).  The forecast right now appears that the storm will be on a track just ahead of our scheduled route.  But, who knows.  Stay tuned.

Make sure, if you haven't already done so, to opt-in to the CCL text messaging alert system.  Text your booking number to 278473 and respond accordingly.  I find that is somewhat faster notice usually than the emails that will follow.  Also, if you follow on [that other site] John Heald's page, he is good about keeping up with changes and letting us know also.

We are headed out tomorrow to spend a few days enjoying NYC.  So, at least we'll get that far.  😉  Good luck to everyone and hope to see you on board on Saturday sailing out of the beautiful harbor by Lady Liberty!

Further clarification on the text messaging:  Call CCL Customer Service at 888-227-6482 and have them add it to your booking if you didn't do this when you did your online check-in process.  That will send an automatic message to you to reply back to finalize the setup.  The number I gave earlier apparently is for only unsubscribing.  Sorry for the confusion caused.

• 2 weeks later...

@RoadTravelled That's such a great tip, to opt-in to the CCL text messaging alert system! It's the most immediate form of communication and almost everyone uses it nowadays. For all cruises, especially those potentially affected by natural disasters, it's so important to get text updates from the cruise line. Without the text updates, you may accidentally overlook really important information about your itinerary! I appreciate the step-by-step process for those who aren't currently enrolled in this alert option. 

@jcordle How did your cruise turn out? Were you pleased with the outcome?