Carnival Legend Cancels Greenland

While I agree that safety comes first re tendering to the 2 Greenland ports, the refund is puny. Too many days at sea now, and with all of the Canadian stops - no offense, eh - $200 per person, assuming 2 people in a cabin - just seems more than a little meager. Carnival should re-think their compensation offer. You can put lipstick on a pig but in the end, it s still a pig!

Edited by Tootie
spelling
  • Like 1

I was onboard until Corner Brook yesterday! The lies spewing from Cpt Mark were endless! He even talked about how much fuel they would use to get to there if we had to go full speed! Really cost? We paid $$$$$!!!! This was a joke leaving Baltimore we never sailed over 10knots, three days and we were still by Cape Cod, meanwhile all the other lines were going north to Canada (NS/NL) yet we sat going nowhere! In fact we only sailed 9-10knots the entire cruise up to our first stop, propulsions issues? Check the weather today in Greenland it’s perfect, light wind, sunny and near 50! We should have been there!!!! It took days to tell us they added Halifax yet Mark say they would add multiple additional stops! $400 per cabin? Come on most of that was taxes we paid to start! Jewel was there in Greenland I had friends on her, they made it perfectly well and had no issues getting in out or down to NL yesterday…  Carnival lies!!!! This was my 29th Carnival sailing and my last one I will ever book! 

• Like 1

I also am on the Carnival Legend, originally scheduled for Greenland.

Something seemed odd, right from the start of this cruise.  I have been tracking weather along the route for our path and arrival to Greenland.  Weather was fine and it would have been a stretch to predict poor weather at our destination, Greenland.  Meanwhile, at least one other cruise ship successfully stopped and tendered there, we talked to them in Corner Brook.

I also thought our cruising speed was rather slow, compared to previous cruises, even at night.

I did not sign up for a CDN exclusive port trip,Greenland was the bucket list stop for me

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Kaygirl I found the happenstance you were talking about! https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-ship-skips-two-eagerly-awaited-ports/110352

I'm so disappointed that Carnival Cruise Line isn't really compensating for the itinerary change. What the line offered seems fine if it was a basic port that was skipped but Greenland is a big deal! As you said, @Chance it's a bucket list destination for many. I, for one, have yet to visit and would be extremely disappointed to have to skip it after anticipating it for so long. 

@JDD I see how  this would be your last cruise with CCL. It's such a shame. You were so loyal to the line for so long.

image.png